See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Baingan Ka Bharta- Baingan Ka bharta is a very tasty side dish with Rice or Paratha. You can make this for lunch and dinner. This is a very famous dish that is originated from Punjab and has become very popular in every household. It is very healthy also for the body and you can even prepare it tasty.
Vegetable recipes you may like: Dum Aloo Recipe, Mixed Vegetable, Paneer Butter Masala, Turai Chana Dal, Papad Mangodi Kadhi(Curry), etc
If you love gravy sabzi recipes then you will surely love these recipes: Palak Paneer kofta, Kadhai paneer, methi matar malai, gatte ki sabzi or paneer makhni, Paneer capsicum dry, Palak paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, etc.
You can serve this with jeera rice, aloo paratha, naan or other rice recipes.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Baingan Ka Bharta
- 2 big size brinjal eggplant/ baingan
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup French beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas boiled
- 1/3 cup capsicum finely chopped
- Spring onions
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 2-3 tsp oil
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek seed methi
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic grated/ finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- Rinse baingan/eggplant in running water and make it dry by using kitchen towel.
- Now slit baingan/eggplant slightly lengthwise and put the baingan on fire to roast to get the smoky flavour, put the flame on medium low and cook it by rotating the eggplant after every 2-3 minutes so that they get evenly roasted all around. You can also apply oil all around the baingan before roasting.
- Once the skin of baingan becomes black from all around and completely cooked, take out from the fire and keep it to cool down for sometime before removing the skin.
- Once gets slightly cool, remove the skin of roasted eggplant and cut the stem. Keep aside.
- Put oil in a pan, once it becomes hot add cumin seed, fenugreek seed and saute it for few seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onions and cook till it becomes little soft and translucent.
- Now add chopped french beans, capsicum, boiled peas, mix it well and cook it on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes Add finely chopped tomatoes, mix it well and at the same time add ½ tsp of salt to make the cooking fast and mix it well again. Cook it on medium flame till the tomatoes become soft.
- Once tomatoes gets soft add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, mix it well and cook it for few seconds.
- Now add cooked baingan, break it with spatula and mix it well with spices.
- Now add little approx 1 tbsp of water, mix it well, cover with the lid and cook for a minute.
- Lastly add kasuri methi, spring onions, garam masala, grated ginger and garlic, freshly chopped coriander leaves and remaining ½ tsp salt and mix it well.
[sc name=”End Action”]
See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Leave a Reply