Chocolate Mousse Cake For Desserts with step-by-step guide and pictures- A Chocolate Mousse Cake will suit you most. A layer of cake, a layer of mousse, layer of cake, layer of mousse and you can continue all day. And by the time you are finished you are presented with a big chunk of Chocolate Mousse cake! Fun apart, a luscious chocolate mousse cake is merrily considered as the perfect light dessert recipe for any occasion. It comes with a chocolate cake base, along with cool creamy mousse filling and finally featuring dark chocolate ganache, which is also made from chocolate and cream.
For more Cake Recipes you can also check out: Black Forest Cake In Pressure Cooker, Choco Lava Cake Recipe, Chocolate Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker
To be precise, this moist and delicious dessert item contains tons of chocolate from top to bottom, while the cool, rich texture makes it great for any special occasion, birthday or anniversary.
I have made many other cake recipes in a pressure cooker as well like eggless rava cake, vanilla Cake, chocolate cake, tutty fruity cake, No Bake Oreo Ice-cream Cupcake etc.
But as you know, too much of anything often creates issues and the Chocolate Mousse cake is no exception to this rule. The heavy chocolate coating on the chocolate mousse cake tends to spread and drip over the edges as you put it on a display stand. However, there is a way of resolving the issue by way of using agar, which will improve the firmness of your recipe. As a matter of fact, the gelatinous substance found in agar, also known as Japanese gelatin gives the required firmness to the recipe.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 140 grams dark chocolate or 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup Amul fresh cream
- 3/4 tbsp Agar agar powder
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate cake sponge
- Choco chips
- Chocolates for decoration
For sugar syrup:
- 11/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
To make sugar syrup:
- Put water and sugar in a pan and boil till the sugar gets dissolved.
- Put chopped chocolate, Amul fresh cream in a micro proof bowl and melt it by using a double boiler. You can also melt in the microwave.
- Once melt, keep aside to cool down.
- Put agar powder in ½ cup of water and soak it for 10 minutes. Keep aside
- Take heavy whipping cream and beat the cream until soft peaks form and keep aside.
- Put soaked agar agar along with water in a pan and boil it for 2 minutes, once it becomes slightly thick remove it from pan and keep on stirring until it gets slightly cool down to avoid lumps.
- Now put agar agar mixture with the chocolate mixture and stir it well.
- Lastly, add beaten whipped cream and mix it well in cut and fold method. Mousse is ready.
To make Mousse cake:
- Take one layer of basic sponge cake and layer it inside the ring mold.
- Soak the chocolate layer with sugar syrup.
- Pipe mousse in it and spread it evenly.
- Leave mousse cake in the fridge for 3-4 hours to get set.
- Once set take out from the fridge and lift the ring mould gently, it will easily come out, once set.
- Decorate the mousse cake with some chocolates or as per your wish.
- Mousse cake is ready, cut into slices and serve.
[sc name=”End Action”]
Leave a Reply