French Fries step-by-step guide with pictures- While eating or consuming fast food, in general, is often linked to numerous health hazards, French fries are perhaps the only exception where the hazards are considered lesser or limited. However, a lot depends on the cuisine one follows while preparing the ubiquitous French Fries, restaurant style.
To know more evening snacks recipes, you can see: Stuffed Onion Rings, Wai Wai Noodles, Veg Potato Nuggets Recipe, Potato Vermicelli Cutlet, Cheese Exotica Fingers
For example, many people dislike or stay away from McDonald’s French fries because these contain a generous amount of the following ingredients that are not considered beneficial by health conscious people:
• Canola oil
• Soybean oil
• Hydrogenated soybean oil
• Natural beef flavor
• Hydrolyzed Wheat
• Hydrolyzed milk
• Tertiary butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ)
In contrast, French fries made à la Mints recipe (www.mintrecipe.com) is far more healthful and wholesome in every respect.
You can also check out: Veg Frankie Recipe, Bread Rolls from Left-over Bread, Veg Suji Buns, Samosa, Spring Roll Sheets, Khasta Kachori Recipe etc
[sc name=”rate us”]
French Fries Recipe - How To Make French Fries At Home
- 3 potatoes big size
- Cornflour as required
- 1/4 cup flour All purpose
- Chaat masala
- Take big size potatoes, rinse it with water and peel the skin.
- To cut the potatoes I have used French fry cutter but you can cut potatoes vertically into 4-5 slices by using a knife and then cut each slice into sticks.
- Put all the cut potatoes into a bowl of cold water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Put water to boil in a pan, once water starts boiling put all the cut potatoes into hot boiling water and cook it for 3- 4 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, switch off the flame and drain all the excess water.
- Now put boiled French fries on a dry towel and wipe it off to remove excess moisture.
- In another bowl put all purpose flour and make a thin paste by using water.
- Now put boiled French fries into the bowl of flour paste, coat it well and put it onto the sieve so that excess coating/paste gets drained off.
- Repeat the same process for rest of the French fries.
- Now put French fries in a plate or tray, sprinkle some oregano for flavor and coat it well all around with dry cornflour. Do not coat all the French fries at once, do this process in batches.
- Put all the coated French fries in the freezer and leave it for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours take out the French fries and fry it into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry in batches. Once it gets half fried remove it onto the paper towel and repeat the same process for rest of the French fries.
- At this stage, if you have time then again keep it in a refrigerator or double fry it instantly into the hot oil.
- Once french fries get golden brown and crisp, take out from the oil put it on paper towels so that excess oil gets removed.
- Sprinkle some salt, chaat masala and serve hot.
Prestige Pan, Prestige Induction
[sc name=”End Action”]
Leave a Reply