Moongdal pakoda or mung dal bhajiya is an Indian snack with a lot of taste and spic. This snack recipe is very easy and can be served among your friends also.
Moong Dal Pakoda
To Moong dal Bhajji Premix:
- Wipe off moong dal with wet towel to remove dirt.
- Take moong dal in a pan and dry roast without using oil for 3-4 minutes on medium low flame to remove moisture.
- Once dried, remove from the pan and transfer in a bowl. Let it cool down for sometime.
- Dry roast gram flour for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Transfer to a plate and allowed to cool down completely.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper corns, carom seeds for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add roasted moong dal in a jar and make a coarse powder from it.
- Now in a jar add whole roasted spice and make a coarse powder.
- In a mixing bowl add coarsely grounded Moong dal, coarsely grounded spices, roasted gram flour, turmeric powder, baking soda, salt and citric acid. Mix it until well combined.
- Transfer this powder in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in fridge for 6 months.
- Moong dal Bhajiya Premix is ready.
To make Moong Dal Bhajiya:
- In a mixing bowl add prepared moong dal bhajiya premix.
- Now add chopped green chilly, coriander leaves, a glass of water or as required and mix it well to make thick batter.
- Keep the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you will find the mixture becomes very thick as it absorbs water so add water as required to make medium thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is sufficient hot drop small portion of the batter and fry on medium low flame by stirring ocassionally.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer fried moong dal bhajiyan in a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Moong Dal Bhajiya is ready to serve.