Putting forward Mirror Glaze cake recipe with step by step photos and mirror glaze recipe video in Hindi. This glaze cake is a highly requested cake for me. Fans are pouring questions like how to make mirror glaze cake?
What is Mirror Glaze Cake?
Mirror glaze cake is actually a regular cake with shiny surface made of condensed milk and gelatin. But to make vegetarian cake I substituted gelatin with agar-agar powder. This mixture of condensed milk, chocolate and gelatin is poured on top of the cake to give it a shiny look. Hence, it is called Mirror glaze cake.
Useful Tips and Tricks
- You can buy and use springform Pan, which can be readily available in all the markets. This helps because it’s resize-able and we can resize it as per our size of cake required. You can avoid buying too many pans.
- Precise measuring is the most important thing and I can’t stress much on this now. Without perfect measuring one cannot achieve perfect cake. Perfect balance of ingredients is the most important thing. And to achieve this measuring cups and spoons are very important.
- Use silicone spatula rather than any spoon while mixing any hot mixtures. Avoid wooden spoons.
- I made this mirror glaze using agar-agar which makes it a vegetarian mirror glaze cake but if you make this from gelatin than it’s not a vegetarian cake.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to thicken a mirror glaze?
One most problematic thing about mirror glaze is that it flows out of cake while pouring. To avoid this you should stir the mixture of chocolate and gelatin well right after you take it off from the heat until gelatin is dissolve well. And you should also allow the mixture to cool down until it reaches room temperature. You can do this naturally or place the mixture bowl on ice water.
Do cake need to be frozen for mirror glaze?
You don’t need it to be frozen but make sure the top surface of the cake is well finished otherwise the imperfections will be visible enough.
How long do we need to leave mirror glaze to set?
It generally get set immediately after it was poured on the cake but you should ideally allow it to be set for at least 10 minutes and clean after that.
Can you store mirror glaze? How to store mirror glaze?
Yes, you can ideally store this for a week in refrigerator. Store it after cutting into pieces.
Do you have to refrigerate cakes with glaze?
Ideally if mirror glaze is poured on butter cream cake, you can leave it on the counter for few hours but as it is made from perishable items you should refrigerate it and serve cold.
IS MIRROR GLAZE VEGETARIAN?
Gelatin is usually fish based or animal based, so it is not pure vegetarian but if you make this from Agar-agar then this can be a vegetarian glaze.
Mirror Glaze Cake
- Basic chocolate sponge
For chocolate mousse:
- 90 grams white chocolate
- 30 ml fresh cream
- ½ cup whipping cream
For Mirror glaze:
- 75 grams White chocolate
- 1/3 cup sugar powdered
- 50 grams condensed milk
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup liquid glucose
To soak Agar Agar
- ½ tbsp. Agar Agar powder
- 1/8 cup water soak for 5 minutes
For sugar syrup:
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
To make sugar syrup:
- Put water and sugar in a bowl and bring it to boil. Keep aside to cool down
To make white Chocolate Mousse:
- Cut white chocolate into small pieces and put it in a microproof bowl.
- Add amul fresh cream and melt by using double boiler or microwave it for 30 seconds or till chocolate gets melt completely.
- Once chocolate melts, mix it well and keep aside. Make sure there should not be any lumps in the mixture.
- Put heavy whipping cream in a bowl and beat till stiff peaks form.
- Add white chocolate mixture with whipping cream and mix it well.
- White Chocolate mousse is ready. Keep aside.
- Now take basic chocolate sponge and cut into two or three equal layers horizontally.
- Put one layer on cake base and soak with sugar syrup to make the cake soft and moist.
- Spread chocolate cream/ white chocolate mousse.
- Now keep second layer over the cream and again soak with sugar syrup, spread chocolate cream/ white chocolate mousse. Crumb coat the cake all around with chocolate cream and keep in fridge for half an hour.
- After half an hour take out the cake from the fridge, cover the sides and top with prepared white chocolate mousse and smoothen the top with palette knife. Scrap excess cream on the sides of cake with scraper and smoothen it.
- Now keep the cake inside the fridge for an hour to be chill.
To make Mirror Glaze:
- Put chopped white chocolate in a bowl and melt it by using double boiler or in microwave. Keep aside.
- Soak agar agar powder in water for 5 minutes, keep aside.
- Put powdered sugar, condensed milk, water, liquid glucose and cook for a minute on medium low flame.
- Now add soaked agar agar powder and cook till the mixture starts boiling.
- Switch off the flame, do not overcook and add this mixture immediately into the bowl of melted chocolate. Mix it well.
- Mirror glaze is ready.
- Divide mirror glaze in two parts to make it colourful. Add blue colour in one part and pink colour in another part of mirror glaze. Do not wait immediately pour the hot glaze onto the chilled cake.
- To get the shaded effect take pink colour mirror glaze and add some blue colour in the bowl of pink colour glaze, do not stir.
- Take out the cake from the fridge and keep on wired rack or any container so that excess glaze gets drip off.
- Now immediately pour the shaded glaze onto the chilled cake.