Aloo Matar ki sabzi as the name suggest is a very delicious Indian sabzi which you can make almost instantaneously. You will certainly need very few ingredients.
You can serve this with any rice or paratha. My family members are in love with this. This is my savior. Whenever I am in doubt what to make today this is my obvious choice then.
Aloo matar is a gravy based sabzi with lots of spices and taste. You can make this for lunch and dinner and serve with roti. All will love this certainly. This is also known as bhandare wali sabzi.
Aloo Ki Sabzi recipe
Aloo Matar Ki Sabji
- 5 Potatoes Medium-sized, boiled an roughly chopped
- 1 cup Green peas
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Garlic chopped
- Ginger chopped
- curry leaves Few sprig
- 2 pieces green chilli slit lengthwise
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato grated
- 2 pieces red chilly dry
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Garam masala
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Once it gets heated, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for few seconds
- Add curry leaves, green chilly, onions.
- Sauté for 2 minutes or till onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add dry red chilly and mix it well.
- Add grated tomatoes and mix it well.
- Add all the spices red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well. Cook till oil gets separated.
- Add green peas and mix it well for a minute.
- Add salt to taste, water and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and cook till the green peas become soft.
- Once peas become soft, add boiled potatoes and mix it well.
- Let the gravy cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Add 1-2 tbsp ghee, garam masala, immediately cover the lid and leave it for 5 minutes. At this stage, switch off the flame.
- After 5 minutes uncover the lid and mix ghee and garam masala so that it mixes well with gravy.
- Aloo Matar ki Sabji is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Roti, Paratha or Rice.