Hey presenting today a very easy and quick salad recipe evening snacks or lunch and dinner side dish “Papad Bhel”. You might not call it a very healthy recipe, but you will definitely going to like it.
The reason i am not calling it a healthy one, because i used oil to fry papad. But still you will like it for the veggies I used into this recipe. In my home it’s pretty regular to make this though sometimes i used roasted papad to make this salad instead of frying this. Then it’s also become a healthy one.
You can also add other veggies of your choice to make it more healthy and you can also use sprouts into this.
Some other Lunch and dinner recipes:
- 3 large size Papad
- 1 medium sized finely chopped onion
- 1 small size finely chopped tomato (deseeded)
- 1 medium sized boiled and cut Potato
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- Sev as required
Papad Bhel Recipe In Hindi
How to make Papad Bhel:
- Take one large size papad and fold and break into half
- Cut papad with the sharp knife into long stripes and ¼ inch thickness.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry papad stripes for few seconds by turning continuously. Fry papad in batches so that it gets evenly cooked.
- Take out all the fried papad on the absorbent paper so that excess oil gets absorbed and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl put finely chopped (onion, tomato, potato) and all the spices- Chaat masala, salt to taste, freshly chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and sev, Mix it well.
- At the time of serving add fried papad, mix it gently so that papad does not get break untill all the spices get well combined.
- Do not keep the mixture for longer time after mixing the papad otherwise papad will loose its crunchiness and will become soggy.
- If you want to add green chilly then add it accordingly.
- You can also store fried papad in an airtight container.