Semolina Coconut Cake
Semolina Coconut Cake
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. Rose water
- 3-4 saffron strands
- Sliced almonds and pistachios
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl add semolina, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, dessicated coconut and mix it well. Dry mixture is ready
- In another bowl put curd and sugar and whisk it well till sugar gets dissolve completely and mixture becomes smooth and cream.
- Now add melted butter and mix it well.
- Now add dry mixture into the bowl of wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and keep aside the batter for 10 minutes as suji /semolina absorb water.
- After 10 minutes, uncovered and you will see the batter becomes slightly thick so at this moment add milk as required to make pouring consistency batter.
- Grease and line the baking tray with parchment paper. Pour semolina batter and tab the tin so that batter spreads evenly.
- Spread some chopped almonds and pistachios on top.
- Keep the baking tin in pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degree for 35-40 minutes or till cake gets completely baked.
Meanwhile let’s preapare the sugar syrup:
- Put water and brown sugar ( I have added brown sugar for taste and softness) in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook syrup for 2 minutes. Now add lemon juice, rose water, saffron strands and switch off the flame and let the sugar syrup cool down at room temperature.
- After 35 minutes take out the cake form the oven and immediately pour the cool sugar syrup on it till it’s still hot. Pour sugar syrup gradually with the help of spoon so that entire cake get soaked evenly.
- Leave it aside untouched for an hour to soak all the syrup and flavours.
- After an hour, unmould, garnish with some chopped pistachios, almonds and cut into slices.
- Semolina coconut cake is ready to serve.
- Keep it in airtight container and refrigerate. Serve warm when needed.
- You can add jaggery instead of granulated sugar
- You can add some fresh cream in the batter for more soft and creamy cake.
- You can add orange blossom, cinnamon, cardamom powder instead of rose water.
Serving: 1g | Sodium: 261mg | Calcium: 254mg | Vitamin C: 2mg | Sugar: 157g | Fiber: 18g | Potassium: 943mg | Cholesterol: 61mg | Calories: 2385kcal | Saturated Fat: 27g | Fat: 41g | Protein: 51g | Carbohydrates: 453g | Iron: 19mg