Hey friends, today I am making Soyabean Chunk Peas Pulao which definitely is a very healthy food option for your family. In this recipe, I have used Soya chunks which are readily available in the market.
Soya Peas Pulao
Hey friends, today I am making Soyabean Chunk Peas Pulao which definitely is a very healthy food option for your family. In this recipe, I have used Soya chunks which are readily available in the market.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 Peoples
- 1 ½ cup Basmati rice
- ½ cup Soya chunks
- ½ cup Green peas
- 1 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Onion roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1½ tsp Salt or as per taste
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 piece Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 pieces Cloves
- 2 pieces Cardamom
For red chilli paste:
- 4 pieces Red chilly dry
- 7-8 Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Put soya chunks in a bowl. For soaking add 1 cup hot water, little salt and mix it well. Now let the soya chunks soak in salted water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes squeeze out the excess water and keep aside.
- In another bowl add rice and wash it thoroughly under running water and keep aside.
For red chilli paste
- Put dry red chilli, garlic in a grinder and grind it by adding little water to make paste. Red chilli paste is ready keep aside.
To make soya Peas Pulao:
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, once it becomes hot add cumin seeds and all the while spices (cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and sauté till cumin seeds starts crackling and becomes golden brown.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add red paste and mix it well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Now add soaked soya chunks and mix it well.
- Add all the spices coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt as per taste, ½ tsp garam masala and mix it well.
- Add washed and soaked rice and gently mix well with spices.
- Add ½ cup green peas, 3 cups of water, mix it well and bring it to boil.
- Cover the lid and let the rice cook for 10 minutes on medium low flame.
- After 10 minutes uncover the lid and if you find the rice is still uncooked and there is little moisture then again cover the lid and let the rice cook for further 2-3 minutes or till the water evaporates.
- Open the lid and transfer rice in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon wedges and serve hot.
See Recipe Video
Serving: 1Bowl | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 18.4mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @mintsrecipes or tag #mintsrecipes!
Leave a Reply