Moong Dal Bhajiya- Moong dal Pakoda or mung dal Bhajiya is a popular Indian Tea time snack with a lot of spices. This snack recipe premix is very easy to make. You can follow my steps to make the premix and store it in an airtight container. You can serve this as an evening snack on a lazy day by using the premix. Serve this with any chutney or pickles or sauce of your choice.
Moong Dal Bhajiya
How to make:
To Moong dal Bhajji Premix:
- Wipe off moong dal with a wet towel to remove dirt.
- Take moong dal in a pan and dry roast without using oil for 3-4 minutes on a medium-low flame to remove moisture.
- Once dried, remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl. Let it cool down for some time.
- Dry roast gram flour for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Transfer to a plate and allowed to cool down completely.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, carom seeds for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add roasted moong dal in a jar and make a coarse powder from it.
- Now in a jar add whole roasted spice and make a coarse powder.
- In a mixing bowl add coarsely grounded Moong dal, coarsely grounded spices, roasted gram flour, turmeric powder, baking soda, salt and, citric acid. Mix it until well combined.
- Transfer this powder to an airtight container or ziplock bag and store it in the fridge for 6 months.
- Moong dal Bhajiya Premix is ready.
To make Moong Dal Bhajiya:
- In a mixing bowl add prepared moong dal bhajiya premix.
- Now add chopped green chilly, coriander leaves, a glass of water, or as required and, mix it well to make a thick batter.
- Keep the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you will find the mixture becomes very thick as it absorbs water so add water as required to make a medium thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is sufficient hot drop a small portion of the batter and fry on medium-low flame by stirring occasionally.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer fried moong dal bhajiyan in tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Moong Dal Bhajiya is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with green chutney.