See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Vegetable poha cutlet is an interesting snacks recipe and can be made under 30 Minutes for kids and parties, be it a kitty party or birthday party. My veg starter list starts with this healthy Indian snacks recipe for every party. Veg poha cutlet is made from beaten rice and potatoes and can be a very good veg starter for parties. You can easily serve this healthy and light evening snacks to your guests whenever you are in a hurry and your guest will simply love it.
This is an easy healthy vegetarian snacks recipe. I have shallow fried these cutlets which make them very light. It’s an instant cutlet recipe for breakfast also, so make this anytime you want for your family and friends. If you want more healthy namkeen recipes then check suji potato rolls, Rava Cutlet, Poha Dosa and Poha Dhokla
Being a mother, my recipes revolve around lunch boxes, after-school light snacks and healthy food. And I have no feeling of monotony because for this category, there are never enough recipes and the more the better. So I am sharing today, vegetable poha cutlet, perfect kids lunch box recipe and for breakfast.
Fries are multipurpose and always welcome for parties and movie snacks. Enjoy with Lehsun chutney, dhaniya chutney or imli ki chutney. Though vegetable cutlet recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor has some different approach. But you can make either way.
Many ask me to make snacks recipes without oil for breakfast and other courses, but this homemade healthy snack uses very little oil. You can serve these after school to your children or during breakfast also. I also eat this for lunch and dinner. Don’t laugh. Just sometimes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Namkeen?
Many ask me this question that what is namkeen. Namkeen is actually Hindi name of savory snacks, which usually means salty snacks. Though namkeen itself is a tasty deep fried dish, made from all-purpose flour. It’s very popular in India.
What are the popular Indian Namkeen (Evening snacks)
There are several Indian namkeen recipes like:
- Dahi vada
- Aloo chaat
- Mungdal ki kachori
- Baked Namak Para
- Dal ki kachori
- bread rolls,
- bread dhokla sandwich
Is Namkeen or snacks good for health?
Difficult to answer because there are different types of snacks out there. There are many snacks like poha, ataa ka cheela and many others which are a healthy snacks option where as there are many other snacks which are deep fried or uses ingredients which might not be that healthy.
Are there Healthy Snacks That Can Help You Lose Weight:
Surely there are many healthy snacks like mixed nuts, apple slices, fruits, kale chips, Dark chocolate and almonds.
Well, it’s quite melodramatic, but I think this melodrama is commonplace between many mothers and children. So after this, when the time comes for homework, my kid’s hunger pangs revisit them at the sight of a brown paper homework copy. So I like to prepare something that does not kill their appetite for dinner, but something they can have while studying. The veg poha cutlet is a wonderful solution to the idea especially as evening snacks.
Veg Poha Cutlet
- 2 cups beaten rice poha
- 3 Pieces potatoes medium sized boiled
- ¼ cup Cottage Cheese Homemade
- ¼ cup carrot Grated
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Chat masala powder
- ½ tsp Red chilly powder
- 1 inch ginger Chopped
- Coriander leaves
- 2 piece Green chily Chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp All purpose flour
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- Place the beaten rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly with water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 10 minutes to make it soft.
- Grate the boiled potatoes or you can finely mashed it also.
- Put grated potatoes in a bowl and add soaked poha, grated carrot, grated paneer or chena, Salt to taste, Black pepper powder, Garam masala powder, Chat masala powder, Red chilly powder, Chopped ginger, chopped Green chily, Coriander leaves and lastly add lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Take a generous portion of dough and shape each into a cutlet or give desired shape of your choice. Prepare rest of the cutlets in the same way.
- Put all purpose flour/maida in a bowl and make thin paste with water. Add salt and black pepper, mix it well till no lumps.
- Dip each cutlet one by one with flour paste and then coat with bread crumbs all around the cutlet. Prepare rest of the cutlets in the same way.
- Take a pan and add oil for shallow frying. Lets oil get hot on medium heat. In hot oil, add prepared cutlets and shallow fry until golden brown from both the sides and crisp.
- Take out in a plate and serve these cutlets with favorite sauce/chutney along with tea.
See Recipe Video
Suji ki kachori is a perfect evening snacks recipe. This is a very easy Indian Snacks Recipe made with sooji (Semolina) also known as rava. You can make this in a very lesser time. I learnt this suji ki kachori recipe from my aunty in Kolkata, who is a very sweet neighbour of mine. She served me this snacks recipe, one fine evening with some exotic dhaniya ki chutney. I was just overwhelmed by this recipe. I then learnt this sooji kachori recipe from my aunty and would like to share this with you all. Hope you all will enjoy this recipe.
Bread uttapam recipe is one of a very famous south Indian recipe. What I have made here, is a version of uttapam, known as bread uttapam. This is a quick Indian snack recipe and can be prepared within minutes. Whenever you are in hurry, you can try this uttapam recipe. It can be prepared easily within 30 to 40 minutes. It’s also a very healthy Indian snack recipe among several other bread recipes.
This is bread dhokla recipe with step by step preparation photos. Bread Dhokla sandwich is an improvised form of Gujarati Instant dhokla recipe. Though it looks a bit tough, but it’s actually not. You can prepare it quite easily. This is my highly appreciated recipe.
Potato nuggets recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. Potato nuggets are a very popular potato snacks recipe made from mashed potatoes. Crunchy, tasty and simply irresistible snacks recipe Now you can have the perfect, crispy and cheesy homemade spicy mashed potato nugget.
See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)