See Recipe In Hindi
Vegetable poha cutlet is a very interesting evening snacks recipe for kids and parties too, be it a kitty party or birthday party. Veg poha cutlet is made from beaten rice and potatoes. You can easily serve this as healthy and light evening snacks and your guest will simply love it. This is the best and easy healthy vegetarian snacks recipe.
Being a mother, my recipes revolve around lunch boxes, after school light snacks and healthy food. And I have no feeling of monotony, because for this category, there are never enough recipes and the more the better. So I am sharing today, vegetable poha cutlet, perfect kids lunch box recipe and for breakfast.
Though vegetable cutlet recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor has some different approach. But you can make either way.
I have noticed there is comparatively less number of “after school” snack cum short meals than children’s lunch box recipes. My children go to day school, and return around late afternoon. At that time they are usually not that hungry, courtesy recess snacking at the school gate, which is indispensable. Another thing is that they are hurrying for evening play so expecting them to sit at the table, and eat with concentration is a mistake. This is a good time to bargain the glass of milk; the sooner they finish the glass, the sooner they can go to play.
Well, it’s quite melodramatic, but I think this melodrama is commonplace between many mothers and children. So after this, when time comes for homework, my kid’s hunger pangs revisit them at the sight of a brown paper homework copy. So I like to prepare something that does not kill their appetite for dinner, but something they can have while studying. The veg poha cutlet is a wonderful solution to the idea specially as evening snacks.
If you like poha recipes then try this: Poha Oats Dosa
How to make vegetable poha cutlet:
- Place the beaten rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly with water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 10 minutes to make it soft.
- Grate the boiled potatoes or you can finely mashed it also.
- Put grated potatoes in a bowl and add soaked poha, grated carrot, grated paneer or homemade chena, Salt to taste, Black pepper powder, Garam masala powder, Chat masala powder, Red chilly powder, Chopped ginger, chopped Green chily, Coriander leaves and lastly add lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Take a generous portion of dough and shape each into a cutlet or give desired shape of your choice. Prepare rest of the cutlets in the same way.
- Put all purpose flour/maida in a bowl and make thin paste with water. Add salt and black pepper, mix it well till no lumps.
- Dip each cutlet one by one with flour paste and then coat with bread crumbs all around the cutlet. Prepare rest of the cutlets in the same way.
- Take a Pan and add oil for shallow frying. Lets oil get hot on medium heat. In hot oil, add prepared cutlets and shallow fry until golden brown from both the sides and crisp.
- Take out in a plate and serve these evening snacks cutlets with favorite sauce/chutney along with tea.
- You can also deep fry the cutlets.
- You can sprinkle some chaat masala on prepared cutlets before serving.
- To make the cutlet more crisp keep it in a refrigerator.
See Recipe In Hindi