Aloo Matar ki Sabji- Aloo Matar ki sabzi is basically potato peas gravy based food which is very popular in North India. You can serve this sabzi with roti, rice, and any other flat Indian bread. You can easily make this Dhaba style Aloo Matar ki sabzi at home following my easy recipe with detailed step by step instructions. I also love aloo matar dry sabzi and this one is also easy to make. I will share the aloo matar dry recipe soon. You can try this out at home for lunch or dinner.
I have also made some other recipes like:
Aloo Matar ki Sabji
- 5 Potatoes boiled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Green peas
- 2-3 tbsp Mustard oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Garlic chopped
- Ginger chopped
- curry leaves Few sprigs
- 2 pieces green chilly slit lengthwise
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato grated
- 2 pieces dry red chilly
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Garam masala
- Coriander leaves chopped
How to make:
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Once it gets heated, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for few seconds
- Add curry leaves, green chilly, onions.
- Sauté for 2 minutes or till the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add dry red chilly and mix it well.
- Add grated tomatoes and mix it well.
- Add all the spices red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and, mix it well. Cook till oil gets separated.
- Add green peas and mix it well for a minute.
- Add salt to taste, water and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and cook till the green peas become soft.
- Once peas become soft, add boiled potatoes and mix it well.
- Let the gravy cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Add 1-2 tbsp ghee, garam masala, immediately cover the lid and leave it for 5 minutes. At this stage, switch off the flame.
- After 5 minutes uncover the lid and mix ghee and garam masala so that it mixes well with the gravy.
- Aloo Matar ki Sabji is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Roti, Paratha or Rice.
See Recipe Video