Eggless Rasmalai Cake Recipe- This recipe is a cardamom flavored cake with milk and rasmalai flavored whipped cream. It is topped and garnished with a lot of dry fruits. This Eggless Rasmalai Cake Recipe is the most requested cake for me. I made this cake using ras malai available in the market or you can make that at home also. Most importantly I made this in a pan without any microwave oven or pressure cooker. This cake can be made on the occasion’s birthday or any other party. So let’s check out this recipe now!
I love sweets and desserts so can’t resist myself to offer you some like Chocolate barfi, Gulab Jamun, malai kulfi, bread rasmalai, Kalakand Recipe, Parval Pak, Instant Crispy Jalebi, and many more dessert recipes.
To make batter:
For the milk syrup:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
For the frosting:
- 2 cups whipped cream
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water soaked with saffron
- Handful of pistachios chopped
- Edible flowers to decorate
- Rasmalai for decoration
How to make:
- Take 5 litre pressure cooker or pan and put salt into it. Place a stand and cover the pan or pressure cooker with the lid and let the salt heated on medium low flame for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile let’s prepare the batter.
To make basic sponge:
- In a mixing bowl shift all purpose flour, baking powder and soda. Mix all the dry ingredients very well.
- Take another bowl add curd and oil. Whisk till curd and oil gets emulsify.
- Now add powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Add dry mixture into the bowl of wet mixture and whisk it well till no lumps.
- Lastly add rose water, cardamom powder and mix it well to make smooth batter. If required add milk to make medium thick consistency.
- Batter is ready.
- Take aluminium tin and grease the tin with butter or oil, sprinkle all purpose flour and dust the tin all around. Remove excess flour.
- Pour prepared into the dusted tin, tap the tin so that batter spreads evenly and put the cake tin inside the pressure cooker or pan onto stand.
- Cover the lid and bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until done. If using pressure cooker make sure to remove the whistle.
- After 20 minutes uncovered the lid and do check the cake. If the heat is too much and cake is getting brown from top and still unbaked from inside then keep the flame low.
- Once baked, uncovered the lid and take out the cake tin from the pan/pressure cooker and let the cake cool down for sometime.
- After few minutes scratch the sides and take out the cake from the tin. Let the cake cool down completely before icing.
To make milk syrup:
- Put milk, sugar in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Once boiled, switch of the flame and let it cool down for sometime.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron rose water, few drops of yellow colour and mix it well
- Milk syrup is ready.
For Rasmalai frosting:
- Put heavy whipping cream in a bowl and beat till it becomes soft peaks.
- Now add saffron rose water, cardamom powder and beat till stiff peaks form.
To make rasmalai cake:
- Take basic sponge and cut horizontally into three equal layers with the help of serrated knife.
- Put one layer of the cake onto the cake base and soak with milk syrup. Soak till the layer becomes very soft and juicy as rasmalai cake should be very soft and juicy.
- Now put rasmalai frosting on top of the cake and spread it evenly with the help of palette knife. Sprinkle some edible flowers all around.
- Now take second layer of the cake and put over the layer of rasmalai frosting, soak with milk syrup, spread rasmalai frosting and sprinkle some edible flowers.
- Now take the last layer and soak with milk syrup and cover with rasmalai frosting. Cover the sides and top with rasmalai frosting and smoothen it with the help of scrapper.
- Make swirls on top and put rasmalai balls on each swirls.
- Cover and decorate the cake entirely with chopped pistachios and edible flowers.
- Rasmalai cake is ready to serve. Cut into slices.