Instant Crispy Jalebi recipe with step by step pictures and a video. Traditional Jalebi is an absolute favorite sweet of every Indian and is their go-to menu food. This Keseria Jalebi is a popular Indian dessert that is also known as zulbia and zalabia or commonly called as funnel cakes. These crispy Jalebis are the best combination with milk and rabdi malai. This is a street food sweet and can be served warm or cold.
If you want to know the recipe of Rabdi, you can check out: Rabdi at Home | Easy Rabdi Recipe
Jalebi is a sweet that can be often eaten as a special breakfast or on festive occasions. The Crispy Jalebi still remains a famous breakfast dish in the North Indian Region. This Indian Sweet Item cannot be confused with similar sweets and variants like Imarti.
Keseria Jalebi is a spiral-shaped traditional Indian sweet made with Sieve maida and urdi mota besan. This recipe is not much time taking and can be prepared without hassle. This recipe is an Instant Crunchy Jalebi Recipe without Yeast.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Instant Crispy Jalebi
For Sugar syrup:
- 100 grams Sugar
- 11/2 cup Water
- Food colour Yellow/orange
- Saffron Few strands
For jalebi premix:
- Sieve maida and urdi mota besan in a bowl.
- Now add citric acid, a pinch of lemon yellow color, citric acid and ghee. Mix all the ingredients very well and just rub the ghee with your hands.
- Instant jalebi mix is ready.
- Put jalebi mix in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store it in the fridge for 1-2 months.
To make sugar syrup:
- Put water and sugar in a pan, bring it to boil and cook on medium low flame for 10-12 minutes until syrup becomes slightly thick or attains one string consistency. Lastly, add yellow/orange food color and saffron, stir well and cook for a minute. Sugar syrup is ready, keep aside.
To make Instant jalebi:
- Take a packet of jalebi mix in a bowl, add water (3/4 cup + 2tbsp) as required and make thick but pourable consistency batter.
- Lastly, add eno mix it well and pour jalebi batter into ketchup bottle or piping bag. I have used a piping bag to make jalebi, cut the tip to make a small hole.
- Heat oil/ ghee in a pan, once the oil/ghee is hot pipe out little swirls in the hot oil and give that a jalebi shape. To make swirls move outside to inside to make perfect swirls.
- Fry from both the sides till jalebi becomes little golden and crisp.
- Take out the jalebi from the oil by using tong and soak it in warm sugar syrup from both sides. Do not soak in hot sugar syrup
- Soak it for 2-3 minutes in sugar syrup.
- Take out the jalebis from the sugar syrup and transfer it into a serving dish and serve.
- Serve jalebi hot or warm. It goes well with rabri.
[sc name=”End Action”]