Veg Minty Paneer Biryani- Prepare this flavorful rice and paneer vegetarian biryani at home for Lunch or Dinner. This is a very tasty recipe that can be prepared in 25 minutes. I am really excited to share this homemade Veg Minty Paneer Biryani recipe. I occasionally make this for my husband and kids and they absolutely love the taste and flavor of the rice. You can also take some curd as a side dish with this.
I have also made some other recipes like:
matar paneer pulao, rajasthani gatte ka pulao, Vegetable fried Recipe, and Kesaria Meetha Chaawal etc.
Veg Minty Paneer Biryani
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 2 pieces green cardamom
- 150 grams Paneer cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
To make Mint paste:
- ¾ cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2-3 pieces green chilly
How to make:
- Wash rice thoroughly with water.
- Put 2-3 glasses of water in a pan and bring it to boil. Once water starts boiling add washed rice and cook for 10-15 minutes or till rice becomes tender. Keep stirring occasionally and cook on medium flame.
- Once rice gets 90% cooked, switch off the flame and immediately strain excess water. Do not over cook rice otherwise it will become mushy while preparing biryani and will not get nice taste.
- Spread cooked rice onto big plate to cool down completely. Rice should not be hot while making biryani otherwise it will get break while stirring. You can also use one day before boiled rice.
To make mint paste:
- Put mint leaves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, chopped ginger, green chilly in a jar and make paste by adding little water.
For Minty Paneer Biryani:
- Heat ghee in a pan and let the ghee melt. Once ghee melts and become little hot add bay leaf, cardamom and saute for few seconds.
- Add paneer pieces and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame till it becomes light brown.
- Add grounded mint paste and saute for a minute.
- Add little water and bring it to boil.
- Add 3 cups of cooked basmati rice, salt as per taste and mix it well gently.
- Lastly add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Minty paneer Biryani is ready to serve.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply