Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe with step-by-step guide and pictures- If you happen to be a fan of frozen dessert, then the Oreo Ice Cream Cake should be your best option for a no-bake summer birthday or celebration ice cream cake. However, it becomes yummier when loaded with rich and creamy vanilla and chocolate ice cream, a dump of Oreo cookies and a generous amount of whipped cream. And the best part of the whole story is that it is fairly easy to make at home.
Meanwhile, let me provide you with a brief description of this inimitable homemade frozen dessert that is universally loved and can also be made at home. To tell you frankly, an ice cream cake is, of course, ice cream in the form of a cake, while the common variety includes a three-layer cake, with a layer of ice cream between two layers of cake.
Among the two components, such as the cake and the ice cream, the former is baked in the usual fashion, while the ice cream part is shaped in a mould and created as desired. These two components are then assembled at freezing state. Whipped cream is then used for frosting as other frostings generally fail to adhere to the frozen cake. The entire thing is then kept frozen till ready to serve when it can be conveniently taken out to thaw until it can be sliced, but taking care so that the ice cream part is not melted away. Incidentally, you may also use your favourite store-bought ice cream for making Oreo Ice Cream Cake, if you so desire.
How can you make your Oreo ice cream cake extra special?
Pretty simple – just follow the guideline given below.
• Introduce a delicious layer of Tim Tam biscuits between the chocolate and vanilla ice cream, which will adjoin a delightful chocolatey crunch, while complimenting the cookies and the cream flavour. In case the stuff is not readily available, use more crushed Oreo cookies which will produce a similar effect.
• Failing that, use chocolate wafers, and then
• Spread the vanilla ice cream on the top and leave it there overnight to get that desired effect.
A note of caution
Serve the cake immediately, or freeze again if you prefer the icing to remain firm. You may keep the cake in the freezer up to 3 days, but not more.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 700 ml vanilla Icecream Homemade
- 12-15 oreo cookies
- Chocolate sponge cake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Red gel color
- oreo biscuits crushed
- 3 biscuits cut into half
- Cut chocolate sponge cake into three layers.
- Take out the vanilla ice-cream in a mixing bowl and keep it at room temperature till it becomes little soft or in the semi-melted form.
- Crush Oreo biscuits by hands with cream (no need to remove the cream), mix it with semi-melted ice-cream until smooth, creamy and spreadable.
- Take one chocolate sponge cake layer and line it inside the ring mould.
- Spread Oreo ice-cream mixture over the layer of cake and spread it evenly with spatula.
- Take second layer of sponge cake and line over the spread oreo mixture.
- Now again spread the oreo ice-cream mixture evenly onto the second layer of chocolate sponge cake.
- Lastly cover it with third layer of chocolate sponge.
- Cover it with cling wrap so that upper part of the cake does not become hard and leave it to set for 4-5 hours or ideally overnight.
- Once set take out ice cream cake from the fridge, lift the ring mould gently, it will release easily once set.
To make whipped cream:
- Beat the heavy whipping cream till stiff peaks put few drops of red gel color and mix it well.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream frosting over the ice cream cake, arrange Oreo cookies in a circular design. Crumble any leftover cookie crumbs in the middle of the cake. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Return to the freezer to set up for about 30-45 minutes or serve immediately.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]