How To Make Ghewar At Home- Ghewar is a popular Rajasthani Dessert or sweet dish that is specially made during Teej. It comes under North Indian Cuisine and has originated from Rajasthan.
There are many varieties of Ghevar, including plain, mawa and malai ghewar.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
- almonds chopped pistachios
- Cardamom powder as required
To make sugar syrup:
- Put sugar and water and boil for 10 minutes on medium-low flame. Keep aside and let the sugar syrup cools down for some time.
To make batter:
- Put all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Now add Ghee and more all-purpose flour with ghee.
- Add water and keep rubbing it to bring it to a runny consistency. The batter should be of thin consistency so that when we pour with spoon or bottle it should run off easily. For pouring fill the batter in the bottle.
- Now take round shape deep container. The size of the ghewar depends upon the container so take container as per your desired size. I have taken steel container you can take aluminum or non-stick pan also.
- Now fill half of the container with ghee (you can use oil also but ghee gives a nice taste) and heat the ghee on medium flame.
- When the ghee is hot enough gradually pour few drops of batter at a time in the center. As soon as you pour the batter it will splatter and after few seconds foam will settle down. Once froth subsides again pour batter. Repeat this process for 10-12 times.
- Once Ghewar cooked it will leave the side of the pan easily, Insert back of big spoon or stick in the hole and lift the Ghewar carefully. Place the Ghewar on a wired rack so that excess ghee gets drain.
- Pour thick sugar syrup evenly over it and garnish with silver varak and slivered dry fruits, cardamom powder.
- Ghewar is ready to serve.
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★