Red Velvet Cup Cake recipe with step by step pictures. What exactly is this Red Velvet Cup Cake? Conventionally, it is a mahogany-tinted cake that has this wonderful white cream cheese icing layering it. Prepared especially for Valentine’s Day or the much-awaited Christmas, these are fluffy, moist and buttery cakes, loved by all.
To be honest, I was never a fan of them, until I tried it once at a friend’s wedding anniversary. The one, which I tasted, was a lavish three-layered slice cake that was all buttery and luscious, having a hint of chocolaty flavor. The best thing was its tangy cream cheese frosting complementing the nicely done crumb underneath and as I took a generous bite from it, I instantly fell in love with it.
Let me share my experience of baking red velvet cupcakes. For the past 2 years, I have been on a quest to bake this delicious cake but have been a major failure. Of all those cupcakes, which I prepared, unfortunately, none deserved a spot in my archive. However, my efforts did not go in vain, as I learned something or the other on every attempt. It was only last month that I finally nailed it, after working like a mad scientist on it. 😀 You will not believe how amazing it turned out to be! Even my husband, who does not have a fascination for them, relished it.
If you are wondering when to prepare it, I would suggest whipping it up for this Christmas. I am sure these spongy classic cupcakes smeared with cream frosting will definitely turn out to be a delight for those having a sweet tooth. Now imagine all this in just 35 minutes! Such puffy dome-shaped little cupcakes taking merely half an hour sound good, isn’t it? I hope 12 pieces are plenty for your family but if you wish to arrange for a small get-together, you can also bake some more. Lastly, add sprinkles on top for a perfect finishing touch and voila! I’m sure you are going to admire it as much as you would love devouring it.
You Can See Related Videos:
Choco Lava Cake Recipe, Black Forest Cake In Pressure Cooker, Chocolate Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker
Red Velvet Cup Cake
- 125 gram Flour All-purpose
- 100 grams Butter
- 1/2 Milk/ milkmaid tin condense
- 2 Beetroot medium-sized
- Red gel food color as required
- 2 tbsp. Sugar powdered
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 3/4 tsp. Lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Wash, peel the skin of beetroot and chopped into small pieces.
- Take a jar and put chopped beetroot and grind into a smooth paste without adding water. Beetroot paste is ready.
- Now put the paste of beetroot in a strainer and keep a bowl under the strainer to collect the liquid. Now take out the liquid by pressing it with the spoon. Beetroot juice is ready.
- Take a bowl and add butter, sugar and mix well using a whisk.
- Now add condensed milk and again mix it well for a few seconds by using a whisk.
- Take another bowl and add all the dry ingredients- all-purpose flour, soda, baking powder in a bowl and mix it well. You can also add 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder (optional) at this stage only.
- Now put ½ of the beetroot juice with wet ingredients and gradually put ½ of the flour mixture into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well.
- Now put rest of the flour mixture, beetroot juice and red gel food color, vanilla essence and mix it well. Lastly, add lemon juice and mix it well again.
- If the mixture is thick then add water as needed and make the medium thick batter.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius and line a muffin tray with paper or foil liners.
- Now fill 3/4 cup of liners with batter. Do not fill too much as it will become fluffy after baking.
- Put the muffin tray in a pre-heated oven and bake it in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or till a knife/toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Check the cake with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out clean. If the toothpick is sticky then keep it in an oven and bake for some more time.
- Red velvet cupcakes are ready. Frost with whipped cream when cool.
See Recipe Video
Prestige Pressure Cooker, Whipped cream
Leave a Reply