Veg Cutlet Pops Recipe- As Christmas is around the corner, I have prepared a recipe keeping in mind the Christmas special theme. My kids love absolutely love this festival. Every year during Christmas, I try to prepare something absolutely new and delicious that would make my kids jump in joy.
This time I have decided to prepare the vegetable cutlet. It is an exciting one (especially the decoration part) and you will certainly love this. These cutlets have been made using some basic ingredients. The decoration of this cutlet is ideal for a Christmas celebration and anyone would instantly fall in love with these cute pops.
For more Christmas special recipes, you can check- Cake Popsicle, Oreo Chocolate Truffle, Chocolate Rava cake, Christmas cake
Veg Cutlet Pops Recipe
- 2 cups raw potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup carrot (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup French beans (cut into big pieces)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or as required
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- green chilly (optional)
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- Oil to fry
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Red chilly powder
- Pinch of salt
To make the Christmas theme:
- Green chutney
- Red and yellow bell pepper (cut into small pieces)
How to make:
- First, boil the veggies for that take pressure cooker and put chopped potato, carrot, French beans and, green peas.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover the lid of the pressure cooker and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 whistles or till veggies get soft. Do not overcook the veggies otherwise, it will become soggy so make sure veggies should be soft and firm.
- Once all the pressure gets released open the lid and if you find water then drain excess moisture and do not discard this water use it to make curry and vegetables. It’s important to drain excess water otherwise veggies will not bind well.
- Put the boiled veggies in another bowl and mashed with potato masher very well.
- Now add all the spices garam masala, red chilly powder, chaat masala, grated ginger, coriander leaves, salt and, cumin powder. Mix all the spices until well combined.
- Add bread crumbs as required to make a non-sticky dough. Mix it well.
- The vegetable mixture is ready.
- Today I am going to make Christmas theme cutlets so take a small portion of the mixture and give it the shape of a triangle. Patties should be slightly thick.
- To make the stem of the tree insert an icecream stick and press it gently so that it gets stick tightly.
- Repeat the same process to make the rest of the vegetable cutlets.
To make slurry:
- Put the cornflour, all-purpose flour, salt, red chilly powder in a bowl and make a thin paste by adding water. Make sure there should not be any lumps in the slurry.
- Now dip each vegetable cutlet one by one in flour slurry and then coat it with bread crumbs all around.
- Once all the cutlets get coated keep them in the fridge for half an hour to get firm before frying.
- After half an hour Heat the oil in a pan and when it gets heated drop one by one vegetable cutlet into the hot oil. I have fried two cutlets at a time as my pan was not big enough so do not overcrowd the pan.
- Once cutlets get golden brown and crisp, take them out on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
To make the Christmas theme:
- Fill green chutney in a piping bag and cover the top part of the vegetable cutlet with chutney.
- Now fill mayonnaise in a piping bag and make zig zag on top of the spread chutney.
- Garnish with some chopped red and yellow bell pepper.
- Christmas theme vegetable cutlet is ready to serve.
It’s awasome and easy recipe
Thanks a lot Rupali