Homemade Eggless Mawa Cake- This is a popular mawa or khoya based dessert recipe loaded with all kinds of dry fruits. It is really healthy and can be served as evening snacks during tea-time or even during breakfast. It is extremely sweet in taste and is mainly found in parsi restaurants with tea and coffee.
I have used mawa or khoya in the cake batter as it makes a lot of difference when it comes to the sweetness and flavor of the cake. It makes it very spongy and soft as well.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup or 200 grams condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup or 60 grams Butter melted
- 1/2 cup or 60 grams Mawa (grated)
- 1/4 cup Dry fruits almonds, cashew, pistachios
How to make:
- Take a pressure cooker and put 11/2 cup of salt inside the pressure cooker. Place the stand/plate on top of the salt
- Put the lid on top of the pressure cooker, no need to close the lid and preheat the cooker for 10 minutes on medium flame with the salt. Meanwhile let’s prepare our cake batter.
- Put all purpose flour, baking powder, soda, cardamom powder in a bowl and mix it well. Keep dry mixture aside.
- In another bowl add condensed milk, milk and mix it well. Wet mixture is ready
- Now put wet mixture into the bowl of dry mixture and whisk it by using wired whisk. Mix it well till no lumps.
- Lastly add mawa, melted butter and 2 tbsp of chopped mixed dry fruits (reserve some mixed nuts for garnishing) and mix it well by using cut and fold method. Mix till butter gets absorbed. If the batter is thick then add little milk to adjust the consistency. Consistency of the batter should be medium thick.
- Take cake mould, I have used jelly mould and pour the batter in the mould, tap the mould so that batter gets evenly spread and air bubbles gets removed.
- Now sprinkle remaining chopped mixed dry fruits on top and put the cake tin carefully inside the heated pressure cooker onto stand.
- Cover the lid and remove the whistles.
- Bake the cake on low flame for 25 minutes
- After 25 minutes keep the flame on medium and further bake it for 10 minutes or till the cake gets fully baked.
- Once baked, switch off the flame and let the cake stand for 10 minutes inside the pressure cooker.
- After 10 minutes uncovered the lid, check with tooth pick and if the tooth pick comes out clean it means cake is done.
- Take out the cake pan from the pressure cooker and let the mawa cake cool down for sometime.
- Once cool, scratch the sides, invert the tin and tap to remove the cake from the tin.
- Mawa cake is ready to serve.
- Cut into slices and serve.
• Bake mawa cake at 180 degree for 35 to 40 minutes in oven.