Vegetable Manchow soup step-by-step guide with pictures- Vegetable Manchow soup is regarded as the most popular form of Indo-Chinese recipes that are found in the majority of Indian restaurants now. But what really is Indo-Chinese or Indian Chinese recipe? Instead of delving deeper into the topic and ending in huge data provided by wiki, it may be sufficient to know that the term refers to the Indian adaptation of Chinese cooking techniques, keeping in view the contentment of the desi palate.
Surprisingly enough, it is neither Indian nor Chinese in the true sense of the word. Yet it is no wonder that this type of cuisine has spread all over the country where hotels and restaurants have dedicated separate Chinese Sections offering Indo-Chinese dishes that include good old Chowmein.
So far as soups are concerned, there are basically three different types of consumers: those that prefer a thick soup, those that go for clear soup and a third variety that love hot and sour soup. Vegetable Manchow Soup ideally suits this variety as it is a spicy hot and sour soup, supplemented by crunchy vegetables, seasoned with soy sauce and vinegar and garnished with fried noodles. As a result, every spoonful of Vegetable Manchow Soup ensures the fullest satisfaction of the connoisseur.
There are many Health benefits of Vegetable Manchow soup- Studies have revealed that vitamin C contained in hot and sour vegetable soups such as Vegetable Manchow Soup is a potent antioxidant that takes care of damage to human cell and tissue that are caused by highly reactive molecules known as free radicals. Studies have further revealed other significant properties of vitamin C at the molecular level. These include a key role that prevents the formation of compounds associated with abnormal inflammation and a biochemical proves known as Oxidative Stress that can alter cells in a harmful way, giving rise to chronic diseases. Vegetable Manchow Soup also helps reduce weight as it contains lower calories that are just right for the human body.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Vegetable Manchow Soup
- ½ cup cabbage finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot finely chopped
- ½ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup cauliflower finely chopped
- ½ cup French beans finely chopped
- spring onions Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions finely chopped green part
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp red chilly sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dark soya sauce
- 2 pieces Maggi magic cubes
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- Fried noodles
- 11/2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Celery finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Heat oil in a pan; once oil becomes hot add sugar for nice taste and colour.
- Now add chopped garlic, ginger and sauté for few seconds or till raw smell goes away.
- Now add finely chopped celery and sauté it for few seconds.
- Add chopped beans, carrot, cauliflower and sauté it for a minute on high flame.
- Add finely chopped capsicum, cabbage; mix it well and sauté it for 3-4 minutes on high flame. Do not overcook the veggies, let it be crunchy.
- Add soya sauce, mix it well.
- Now add vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Dilute corn flour in ½ cup of reserve vegetable stock; mix it well till no lumps.
- Put diluted cornflour in the boiled veg mixture and stir continuously till it starts boiling.
- Add black pepper powder, red chilly sauce, mix it well.
- Now add crushed Maggi magic cubes for a nice taste.
- Lastly add vinegar, finely chopped green part of spring onions, mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Transfer veg manchow soup in a serving bowl.
- Serve veg manchow soup hot with fried noodles.
[sc name=”End Action”]