Eggless Zebra Cake Recipe with step-by-step pictures- Have you ever seen a Zebra Cake? But before that, have you ever seen a real zebra galloping through the African veldt, looking spectacular and dazzling? Well, a creamy, rich Zebra Cake with its striped vanilla layers looks equally fascinating. And once you take a bite, you will be mesmerized with its overwhelming taste.
Although preparing this multi-layered vanilla cake might seem a bit complex at the beginning, once you go through the right recipe, things will become easier for you. However, do not confuse it with those Little Debbie Zebra Cakes that are not even half the quality that you get with original zebra cakes prepared according to correct recipe.
For more Cake Recipes you can also check out: Black Forest Cake In Pressure Cooker, Choco Lava Cake Recipe, Chocolate Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker, Fruit Jelly Cake Dessert, Coffee Chocolate Ice-Cream Recipe At Home, Homemade Chocolate Pudding Dessert Recipe, Easy Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe
However, this zebra cake of which I am bragging about happens to be a gem from that collection that mom must have gotten from someone else, while the outcome has become a favorite in our family. Nonetheless, it got the name from its signature zebra stripes, while it sometimes reminds me of a Brown Sugar Poundcake. Since this happened to be one of the initial recipes that my sister and I sister laid hands on as young teens and were successful too, I may vouchsafe that it is not at all so difficult to make as some often say.
In any case, let me caution you in regard to a few issues when baking this cake, as outlined below.
You must remember that a cake is the resultant product of a chemical fusion where a wide array of ingredients, subjected to high heat gives rise to certain effects. Butter cakes, not unlike pound cakes, as well as most layer cakes get their soft, fine texture by initially creaming together while adding eggs, and gradually incorporating dry ingredients provide the final result. Sponge and chiffon cakes get their typical, foam-like textures when whole eggs or egg whites are whipped and then folded into the batter. The air absorbed when whipping the eggs gives these cakes volume, making them springy and stretchy. So whatever cake you’re baking, make sure that you are following the recipe in toto.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Eggless Zebra Cake Recipe
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, powdered sugar, cocoa powder in a bowl, mix it well and keep aside.
- In another bowl add condense milk, vanilla essence, water, mix it well.
- Now gradually add dry mixture into the bowl of condense milk mixture and mix it well.
- Add melted butter, oil in the batter and mix it well in cut and fold method to trap the air which makes the cake soft and spongy.
- Lastly add vinegar, mix it well and make smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts.
- Take one part of the batter, pour cocoa powder, few drops of colour and mix it well.
- This way vanilla batter and colourful batter are ready.
To make zebra cake pour both the batter separately into the pipping bag and keep aside.
- 10. Take 6 inch aluminium tin, grease it with butter and dust with flour.
- 11. Pour 1 tbsp of plain/ vanilla batter in the middle of the prepared pan and then pour over 1 tbsp of colourful batter. Repeat the process and use both the batters alternate to make layers until all the batter has been used.
- 12. Tab the pan on countertop so that air bubbles gets removed and bake it on 180 degree in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or till the knife inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- 13. Once baked, Keep the cake cool down for sometime.
- 14. Once it cools down a bit, scratch the sides of the pan, invert the tin and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- 15. Cut into slices and serve.
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★