Crispy Cheese Corn Kebab Recipe- This recipe is for those people who are vegetarian. This recipe is very simple and quite easy to make. Vegetarian Kebabs with corn in it is an interesting combination. As people who are vegetarian have few choices for core ingredients in vegetarian recipes, corn is an amazing alternative to enjoy kebabs.
This crispy cheese corn kebab recipe is very easy and is a perfect party recipe. This cheese corn kebab is very simple and a popular party snack food. You can also use it as an evening snack recipe. I am sure you will love the recipe and provide me with your lovely feedback and experience while preparing these delicious Cheese Corn Kebabs.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Crispy Cheese Corn Kebab | Evening Snacks Recipes
- 200 grams sweet corn kernels boiled
- 2 potatoes medium sized boiled and mashed
- 1 onion small size finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger piece of grated
- 2 tbsp capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot finely chopped
- mint levaes Finely chopped
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- ¾ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Cheese slices
- Oil to fry kebabs
- Put boiled sweet corn kernels in a grinder and coarsely grind it without using water. Reserve some boiled sweet corn kernels for later use.
- Take a deep bowl and add all the spices- Coarsely grounded sweet corns, boiled and mashed potato, grated ginger, cumin powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, salt to taste, chopped mint leaves, freshly chopped coriander leaves, rice flour, reserve boiled sweet corn kernels, lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Lastly add bread crumbs and mix it well. If the mixture is sticky add more bread crumbs accordingly. Corn mixture is ready and leaves it to set in a refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a cheese slice and cut the cheese slice into half. This way from one cheese slice will get 2 pieces of cheese.
- Take one cheese slice and tightly roll it onto the skewer. This way all the cheese skewers are ready.
- After 15-20 minutes take out the corn mixture from refrigerator. Grease the palms with oil to avoid sticking. Take one portion of corn mixture and roll the mixture into oblong shape press the center little with finger and put the cheese skewer in the center of roll. Now put some mixture on top to cover the cheese and press each part along the length of a skewer to make each kebab approx 3-4 inch in length.
- Repeat the same process to make rest of the cheese kebab. Once all the kebabs are ready roll over the bread crumbs and coat it well. To roll kebab over the bread crumbs is optional so you can skip also.
- Keep the cheese corn kebab in the refrigerator and leave it to set for 30 minutes. If you do not have much time can fry it instantly.
- Heat oil in deep pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot drop the Cheese corn kebab slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them. Now deep fry them on medium heat till they are golden brown, turning occasionally. Use the spatula very softly to flip the kebab otherwise kebabs might get break. Once the kebab get almost brown then keep the flame on medium high and fry for further 2 minutes till it becomes golden brown and crisp. Fry cheese corn kebabs in batches, do not overcrowd the pan.
- This would take about 4-5 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel or an absorbent paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.
- Repeat the same process for rest of the crispy cheese corn kebabs.
- Serve hot Crispy cheese corn kebab with any green chutney or tomato ketchup.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]