Stuffed Onion Rings recipe with step-by-step pictures and a recipe video.
Stuffed Onion Rings
Stuffed Onion Rings recipe, a special pakora having mashed potato as the stuffing and mozzarella cheese.
- 3 -4 Onions medium sized
- 100 grams Paneer mashed
- 4-5 Potatoes medium-sized boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp Red chilly flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup Cheese grated mozzarella
- Coriander leaves Chopped
To make flour paste:
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup Flour all-purpose
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Breadcrumbs as required
- Oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl put boiled and mashed potatoes, mashed paneer, red chilly flakes, oregano, salt, mozzarella cheese, chopped coriander leaves and mix it well until all the spices gets combined.
- Stuffing is ready, keep aside.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-inch thick rings, and separate the rings from each other.
- Take a generous amount of stuffing and press it into the bottom of the onion ring and make it flat.
- Repeat the same process to make rest of the onion rings.
- To make flour paste put cornflour, all purpose flour, salt in a bowl and make a thin batter by using water. Mix it well and make sure there should be no lumps.
- Dip one by one stuffed onion rings into the flour paste, shake it off to remove excess paste and then coat it with bread crumbs all around.
- Dip and coat all the stuffed onion rings in the same manner.
- I am going to fry it instantly but if you have so much time then you can keep it in fridge also to make the mixture firm.
Heat oil in deep pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot drop the stuffed onion rings slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them. Fry stuffed onion rings in batches, do not overcrowd the pan
Fry the stuffed onion rings until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This would take about 3-4 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel or an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
Crispy stuffed onion rings are ready.
Serve hot with any green chutney or tomato ketchup.
The first rain of the season brings immense joy and I feel it’s definitely something that needs celebration. While some revel in cooking Khichdi at home to welcome the much-awaited monsoon, others like me love to munch on appetizing and crispy fritters. One of my favorites here is Stuffed Onion Rings recipe, a special pakora having yummy mashed potato as the stuffing, not to miss the mozzarella cheese of course! This can be a very good evening snacks option.
You can also other snacks recipes such as
If you are a regular follower of my posts, you must be knowing that I like spending time cooking fusion recipes and this is one of those, having an Indian twist. Regarding my first encounter with this snack, it was when I had once visited one of my Aunt’s places. She used to be a great cook and since I had a knack for cooking, she had taught me how to prepare tasty stuffed onion rings. However, as always, I customised it in my way by adding cheese and oregano, something that every child enjoys.
If you were wondering, what’s so special about this mozzarella stuffed onion rings, I would say that it doesn’t fall under any specified cuisine category and is open to innovations. You can obviously add to it, replace ingredients that you’re not fond of and still come up with an equally delicious snack. However, if you are fond of my cookeries, I would suggest you follow the exact style. I’m sure you will definitely not regret it later. J This is not where the speciality of the treat ends. For a vegan, this might just turn out to be a perfect delicacy as this recipe boasts an eggless version. So the next time you hunt the internet for a simple cheese onion rings without egg recipe, do follow my method, as the ingredients here are every households’ pantry staples.
To be honest, this recipe for cheese stuffed onion rings tasty as any of my prepared snacks is a constant during the monsoons, but I also tend to prepare it whenever I crave for pakoras. There’s obviously no offence in preparing something that you love savouring, especially when it’s homemade and hygienic, unlike the street foods.
If you ask me to describe the texture of it, I would say it’s ultra crusty with a golden brown coating outside. Once you bite into one of them, you will find a moderately spicy potato stuffing with cheese oozing out from it. So go ahead and try it out this weekend because the monsoon is far away and I am sure you don’t want to wait for so long.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Hope you like this recipe? Please leave your comment and ratings if you like this recipe