Cheese Veg Cones With Left Over Roti- Ever thought about how to finish off the leftover Rotis from last night? If yes, then this roti cone recipe is made from left-over roti and it’s very healthy. You can make this roti cone for evening snacks or breakfast and even for your kid’s lunch box. Especially the people who love cheese are going to love this recipe.
You can even serve this along with tomato chutney, imli ki chutney, dhaniya chutney or lehsun ki chutney
To know more snacks recipes, you can see: Stuffed Onion Rings, Wai Wai Noodles, Veg Potato Nuggets Recipe, Potato Vermicelli Cutlet, Cheese Exotica Fingers
Cheese Veg Cones With Left Over Roti
- 4 leftover roti
- 1/3 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp capsicum finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp spring onions finely chopped
- 50 grams paneer grated
- 11/2 tbsp oil
- 2 cubes Amul cheese processed
- Red chilly flakes as required
- 3/4 tbsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- oil to fry
For flour paste:
- 2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Water as required
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan and once it gets slightly hot add chopped onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped French beans, carrot and saute it for 2 minutes. I have added beans and carrot first as it is raw and take more time to get cooked.
- Add cabbage, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green capsicum, spring onions and saute for a minute.
- Add all the spices red chilly flakes, salt, black pepper and, mix it well.
- Stuffing is ready, keep aside to cool down for some time.
- Once cool add grated paneer, cheese and mix it well. Cheese veg stuffing is ready.
To make flour paste:
- Put flour in a bowl and add water to make medium thick paste/ slurry. Slurry should not be thick nor thin. Mix it well till no lumps.
To make Roti cones:
- To make cones take one leftover roti and cut it vertically and horizontally into 4 pieces.
- Repeat the same process to cut all the rotis.
- Take one piece of roti into your hand, apply flour paste on one side, and give it the shape of a cone by pressing it lightly.
- Make the rest of the cones in the same way.
- Fill the cones with a small part of cheese veg stuffing by pressing it with your fingers.
- Stuffed roti cones are ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a pan and when oil becomes medium hot dip the top part of each cone into the flour paste/ slurry so that it will get sealed and filing does not come out while frying and immediately place into the hot oil.
- Repeat this process to seal all the cones.
- Fry the roti cones on medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour. Fry by turning occasionally and do not overcrowd the pan as stuffing may spill out while frying.
- Once fried, take out on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil
- Dip each cone in tomato sauce or green chutney and decorate it with sev.
- Cheese veg cones using leftover roti are ready to serve
- Serve hot with any green chutney or tomato ketchup
Leave a Reply