Vegetable Suji Dhokla-Vegetable Suji Dhokla Recipe is super easy to make and you can relish it for breakfast or snacks. It is loaded with healthy veggies. This recipe can be made quickly and you can even serve this along with tomato chutney, imli ki chutney, dhaniya chutney or lehsun ki chutney. It only takes basic ingredients to turn into something delicious, interesting, and equally nutritious. Let’s check out this recipe.
Other breakfast and snacks recipes you may like: Suji Kachori, vegetable Poha Cutlet, Bread Uttapam, Bread Idli, Macaroni Cheese Balls, Veg paneer cheesy bites, Etc
Vegetable Suji Dhokla
Vegetable Suji Dhokla Recipe is super easy to make and you can relish it for breakfast or snacks. It is made with Semolina and is loaded with veggies.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- curry leaves Few sprigs
- Coriander leaves chopped
How To Make:
- In a mixing bowl add semolina, yogurt, salt and mix it well.
- Now add all the vegetables (French beans, carrot, green peas, ginger, coriander leaves, and spring onions) and make a medium thick batter by adding water.
- Cover the batter and leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes uncovered the bowl and you will see the batter has become thick as suji absorbs water so add water as required to make a medium thick batter.
- To make suji dhokla in a pan put a burner or any stand over the flame and then put the pan as dhokla may get burned by the direct heat of the gas.
- Now take the 4-inch ring mould and place it over the pan.
- Divide suji batter into two parts. Take one part of the batter add ½ tsp eno and mix it well. Do not over mix as bubbly effects will go away and dhokla will not become soft and fluffy.
- Pour the batter immediately inside the ring mould, cover the pan with a lid and, let dhokla cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- After 10-12 minutes open the lid and check the dhokla by inserting a toothpick inside. If the toothpick comes out clean it means suji dhokla has cooked properly from inside.
- Take out the dhokla from the pan and cool down for some time.
- Scratch the sides and pull out the ring mould carefully. Soft and spongy dhokla is ready.
To make tempering:
- Heat oil in a pan and make it hot.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add green chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves, little water and sauté for few seconds. Tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering over prepared suji dhokla.
- Suji dhokla is ready to serve.
- Cut into slices and serve.
See Recipe Video
Serving: 4people | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 647mg | Potassium: 1075mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3149IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @mintsrecipes or tag #mintsrecipes!
Leave a Reply