If we talk about Gujarati food menu then how can we forget Khaman Dhokla. But today, I am bringing a very different Gujarati fusion recipe, Gratin Dhokla.
You can make for breakfast or evening snacks. This is a fusion of Gujarati food Dhokla and gratin.
This recipe is also healthy and children will also love this very much. Children do not like to eat vegetables, but in this way you can feed them vegetables. This is a golden recipe, which I am sure you will definitely like.
More Dhokla recipes for you:
For more Dhokla Recipes:
Gratin Dhokla/ Fusion Dhokla Gujrati Recipe
- 4 slices Brown/white bread
To make batter:
To make Gratin:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 pieces green chilly slit lengthwise
- Few sprig curry leaves
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Fresh coconut grated
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl add gram flour, semolina, water and mix it well.
- Add yogurt and mix it well again.
- Add Turmeric powder, ginger, green chilly, sugar, oil and whisk it well to make lumps free batter. Consistency of batter should be slightly thin.
- To make dhokla we have to add eno so before adding eno let’s grease the mould and keep the water for boiling.
- Take idli moulds and grease it with oil. Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add 1 ½ glass of water and bring it to boil.
- Once water starts boiling add eno in the preapared batter and mix it well. Do not overmix as bubbly effects will go away and dhokla will not become spongy. Immediately pour dhokla batter into the greased moulds.
- Place all idli mould onto stand and keep idli stand inside the pan of hot boilng water.
- Cover the lid and let the dhokla steam for 4-5 minutes on medium high flame.
- After 5 minutes uncover the lid and you will see the dhokla becomes fluffy. Take out the idly stand from the pan and let the dhokla cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Scratch the sides with knife or spoon and take out the dhokla from the moulds.
- Remove all the dhokla in the same way. Keep aside.
To boil vegetables:
- Take 2 glasses of water in a pan, add chopped beans, carrot and cook for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes add frozen green peas and cook for further 2 minutes or till veggies becomes soft. If you are adding fresh green peas then cook with beans and carrot as it takes more time to get soft.
- Strain excess water and keep boiled mixed vegetables aside.
To make Gratin:
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add all purpose flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium low flame.
- Gradually add milk and keep on stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add oregano, black pepper powder, salt, grated amul cheese and cook till cheese gets melt completely.
- If the sauce becomes thick add more milk to get the right consistency.
- Lastly add mixed boiled vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is hot add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add few sprig of curry leaves, green chilly and saute for few seconds.
- Add water, coriander leaves and bring it to boil.
- Tempering is ready.
- To assemble Gratin dhokla
- Take bread slices and cut into roundels with the help of cookie cutter or any sharp edge katori or glass.
- Take one bread roundel, spread 2 tbsp prepared Gratin and cover the top with prepared dhokla.
- Spread some tempering on top and garnish with grated fresh coconut.
- Gratin dhokla is ready make all Gratin dhokla in the same way.