Rasgulla Kofta Curry | Lunch & Dinner Recipe- Rasgulla Kofta Curry is a paneer gravy recipe in Hindi. It’s not sweet. Rasgulla here is also made from paneer and dipped in thick gravy. It’s an Indian Recipe with lots of spices. It’s a perfect recipe for lunch and dinner served with roti, paratha or Rice.
Rasagullas are my absolute favorite. I wanted to try this combination since so many days and finally, I got the time to make this. I will definitely make this again as I loved the taste and everyone in my family has appreciated this dish. You can have it with paratha, roti or even rice.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Rasgulla Kofta Curry
To make Chena/ Cheese:
- 1 liter Cow Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp Semolina
- Boil milk in a deep heavy bottom pan on medium-high flame.
- When the milk starts boiling and about to spill over immediately pour the diluted curd. Do not pour the curd at once add it gradually until the milk gets curdle and milk solids start floating on top.
- You can put lemon juice or vinegar to curdle the milk but I am comfortable with Yogurt.
- Put the flame on low and continue heating till it starts curdling and whey gets separated. After 15 -20 sec you will see milk start to separate from the whey.
- When the whey becomes in a light greenish color then you will find milk has totally separated. At this stage switch off the flame and let the pan sits for few minutes.
- 5) Take a big cheesecloth or muslin cloth and place it over a deep container but I have taken a big sieve and place it over a deep container to strain all the whey. The container should be deep to strain all the whey.
- 6) Pour milk solids and whey on the cheesecloth/strainer and strain the cheese. No need to rinse the cheese as I have used yogurt to curdle but if you have used lemon juice or vinegar to curdle then rinse the cheese under running water to remove its sourness. Press the cheese with the spoon and keep the cheese remain in a sieve and let the whey drip by itself for 30 minutes to get the right amount of moisture.
- 7) If you are using cloth then take the opposite edges of the cloth and bring it to the center, tie together and hang it on tap. Hang it for 30 minutes so that all the whey gets completely strain. Keep the container below the hanging cloth so that all the whey drips in it.
- If the chena/cheese is too dry then rasgulla will become hard and if there is lot of moisture then while cooking it will get break so do not hang it for more than 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes transfer chena/ cheese to a plate and crumble it with hand.
- Add 1 tsp of semolina/suji to bind the mixture and with the heels of your palm mash and knead to make it smooth and soft dough. Kneading the chena/cheese well is very important to get perfect rasgulla. Stop kneading the chena if its starts leaving the fats and your hands become little greasy. The whole kneading process takes around 7-8 minutes.
- Take one part of the dough and bind it with hands giving it a shape of tiny balls. Balls should not be very large as it will get almost double in size after boiling. Once you roll all the balls, cover it with the kitchen napkin. So they do not dry out.
- To make perfect rasgulla size of the pan is also important because the rasgulla increase in size while boiling and they need enough space to expand to take a large broad vessel like saucepan, pressure cooker and add 2-3 glasses of water and bring it to boil on medium flame.
- Once the water starts boiling add prepared balls one by one. Do not add sugar as I am going to make rasgulla kofta curry. Now cover the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium-high flame. After 5 minutes remove the lid and stir the rasgulla gently or shake the pan for even cooking and puffing. Again cover the lid and cook for further few minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and you will find the rasgullas had an increase in size and were cooked. It takes around 10-11 minutes to get fully cooked.
- Take out all the rasgulla from the pan and let’s prepared the curry.
- To make curry grind chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, Curd/yogurt with little water into smooth paste.
- Take a deep heavy pan and heat 1tsp ghee and 1 ½ tsp to 2tsp oil. Once the oil becomes hot add cumin seed, bay leaf and sauté till it becomes light brown.
- Add onion-tomato paste, mix it well and cook on medium flame till all the water gets evaporated and the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add all the spices coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt to taste, freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Now add a glass of water, mix it well and bring it to boil. You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your preferences. Instead of plain water, you can also add the leftover rasgulla water as it has no sugar in it.
- Once the gravy starts boiling and rasagulla one by one and cooked by shaking the pan.
- If you are using spatula then use it very softly otherwise rasgulla might get a break.
- Cover the lid for 2 minutes and cook so that rasgulla get blended well with the gravy.
- After 2 minutes open the lid and shake the pan.
- Rasgulla Kofta curry is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or rice.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]