Paneer Butter Masala is a Popular Punjabi Recipe which can be easily made at home. The combination of spiciness and creamy texture of the gravy makes it simply tempting and rich in taste. Paneer Butter Masala can be served with any Indian Bread.
Ingredients of Paneer Butter Masala:
- 300 gm Paneer
- 8 piece of cashew
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 2 piece of green chilly slit lengthwise
- 1 inch Ginger
- 7 -8 piece of Garlic
- 2 piece cloves
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Red chily powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Kasturi methi
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 piece of red chilly broken into two
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 tsp of Fresh cream
More paneer recipes for you:
How to make Paneer Butter Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes from both the sides till lightly browned in colour and keep aside.
- Grind onion, ginger, and garlic in a food processor and keep aside.
- Soaked cashew in water for half an hour and then grind it into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Grind tomatoes and make tomato puree, keep aside.
- All the three Pastes are ready.
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick pan over medium flame. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, red chilly and sauté for a min.
- Now add onion paste and sauté for 5-6 mins.
- Add Green chilly and red chily powder and fry, stirring continuously till the oil begins to separate from the masala (spice mixture).
- Add cashew nuts paste and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato puree and Cook on medium flame until tomatoes become mushy and oozes oil.
- Now add a glass of water, mix it well and bring it to boil. You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your preferences.
- Add coriander powder, ½ tsp of red chilly powder and mix it well with the gravy.
- Add paneer, kasturi methi, coriander leaves, garam masala and cook for some more time until everything gets blended well.
- Add fresh cream and bring it to boil.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and a tbsp of fresh cream.
- Serve hot Paneer Butter Masala with any Indian bread or rice.