See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Today, I am making black forest biscuit pastry. As the name goes it’s pretty similar to the black forest cake recipe. Most importantly, I made these pastries using biscuits. Amazed! yes you can easily make black forest pastries using biscuits.
How Black forest cake is made
Black forest cake is made from chocolate sponge cake, sandwiched together along with cream layer and crushed cherries. But here, I haven’t used cherries in the making but only topped it. You can add crushed cherries if you want to make a traditional one.
You can also use chocolate ganache or chocolate shaving to make these pastries. traditionally choco shaving are used in this cake.
Black Forest Biscuit Pastry
- 200 Grams Chocolate Biscuit
- 150 ml Milk
- 1 Sachet Eno
- Whipped Cream As Required
- Tinned Cherry As Required
- Choco Chips As Required
How to make:
- Break biscuit into small pieces.
- Put biscuit pieces in a jar and grind to make a fine powder.
- Transfer biscuit powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and make a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should be slightly thin.
- Keep the batter aside meanwhile let’s heat the pan.
- Take a pan and put it onto the flame and let it heat for 2 minutes.
- To bake the cake take another nonstick pan and grease it with oil all around.
- Once the pan is heated add Eno in the batter and stir immediately. Do not wait for otherwise cake will not become fluffy, immediately pour the batter in a greased pan and put the pan onto the heated pan.
- Cover the lid and let the cake bake for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
- After 20 minutes insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean it means the cake is fully baked.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
To make Frosting:
- Put whipping cream in a bowl and beat till stiff peaks form.
- When the cake is completely cooled down cut into a square shape with the help of a sharp knife.
- Cut the square into half to make two cake layers
- Now take the one part of the cake, pipe out whipped cream on top, put some chopped cherries and sprinkle choco chips.
- Now put again the second layer of the cake, pipe out whipped cream and smoothen it.
- Spread whipped cream all around and smoothen it.
- Spread some chocolate shavings on top.
- Cut into 3 slices.
- Make swirls on each slice. Put one cherry on each swirl.
- The black forest biscuit pastry is ready to serve.
I get a lot of questions like what is black forest cake and why it is called a black forest. Well, I was also not sure why, but I googled it and found the answer.
How long we can store Black Forest Cake
It’s very easy to make and you can store these pastries at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It can be stored in a tightly-closed container or wrapped with a plastic wrap to prevent air and other contaminations. You can also keep this for pretty long if you keep in an air-tight container which is a freezer-safe container.
you can definitely try this black forest pastry recipe and leave your comment on how it came out.
See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Shruti Singh says
Hello sir good morning dahiyawan mission road Chhapra