5 Minutes Instant Dosa- This is a really hassle-free and easy Masala Dosa Recipe using dosa premix. It can be made anytime whenever you need to make dosa. You don’t need to do any preparation to make this Dosa. Just add premix in water and make the batter for dosa as and when required.
I have used regular low-priced rice known as parboiled rice which you can easily get in the market.
More recipes you may like :
- south Indian recipes,
- bread idli,
- bread uttapam,
- bread mungdal ka uttapam,
- Rava upma,
- Red idli cupcake.
For Potato Stuffing:
- 3-4 Potatoes Boiled, Medium Sized
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Few Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chana Dal Soaked
- ¼ Cup Onion Finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup French Beans Finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Peas
- ¼ Cup Carrot Finely Chopped
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Sambhar Masala
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ Tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt As Per Taste
- Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Spring Onions Optional
How to make:
- Put rice and dal separately in a Wet cloth and wipe off with wet cloth to remove dirt and dry under the fan for 3-4 hours or you can wash rice and dal separately and dry directly in sunlight for 4-5 hours.
- Once rice and dal gets dry, grind both separately into rawa form.
- Rice powder and dal powder is ready.
For Potato Stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil gets heated add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add soaked chana daal , curry leaves and saute for few minutes or till chana dal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped onions and Saute for fe seconds.
- Add carrot, green peas, French beans, mix it well. Cover the lid and cook till veggies turns little soft.
- Uncover the lid after few minutes and add all the spices turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, sambhar masala, garam masala and mix till all the spices gets well combined.
- Potato Stuffing is ready.
- To make instant dosa by using premix:
- Take 75 grams or 6 tbsp of rice powder and 25 Grams or 2 Tbsp Urad dal powder in a bowl. Ratio of rice and dal powder should be 3:1.
- Now add flour, citric acid, soda, salt and mix all the dry ingredients very well. Instant dosa mix is ready. Keep it in airtight container or ziplock bag and store it for 2-3 months in fridge.
- Put the instant dosa mix in a bowl, add 1 cup of water and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, grind the batter for few seconds to make it smooth.
To make Instant dosa:
- Heat tawa on medium flame once the tawa is heated, do not heat tawa too much it should be medium hot. Pour a ladlefull of batter onto tawa and spread out in a circular motion. Add some oil on top of the dosa, place potato stuffing in the center and let the dosa cooked for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes crispy.
- Once done fold it and serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.