How To Make Butter Scotch Icecream- If you are one of my Blog followers, you must have already known that I prefer preparing every cuisine at home, so why to leave behind the idea of making ice creams. Moreover, in parties and small house events, concluding a meal with a Butter Scotch Ice Cream happens to be mandatory.
I still remember how this flavoured ice cream was a crucial part of our childhood. Even now when I sit home with a bowl full of ice cream; it instantly takes me back to those golden days when it was a perfect treat on a hot summer afternoon. Nowadays with so much stress that we all face, be it at home or at a workplace, blues are common. This is when a homemade Butter Scotch Ice Cream brings back all the joy and cures us of all that melancholy. For plain sugar craving too, you might just consider a scoop of it.
I have much more kulfi and ice cream recipes:
[sc name=”rate us”]
Butter Scotch Ice Cream Recipe
- 100 grams Condensed milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp butterscotch essence
- 1/4 cup butterscotch crunchy/praline
- Few drops of lemon yellow colour gel or liquid
- Pinch orange colour optional
- To make ice cream we require slightly thick milk as milk has water content so for that take 11/2 cup of full-fat milk and boil till it reduces to ¾ cup. Keep aside to cool down completely
- Mix cornflour with 2 tbsp of room temperature milk and keep aside.
- Now put the milk in a pan and cook till it starts boiling.
- Add cornflour, stir continuously to avoid lumps and cook till it thickens.
- Once cooked, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool, add condense milk, essence, yellow food colour and mix it well.
- Put heavy cream in a bowl and beat till stiff peaks form.
- Now put the milk mixture into the bowl of beaten cream and fold it properly.
- Once everything well combined and cream becomes smooth add butterscotch crunchy/ homemade praline and mix it well.
- Now pour the mixture in an airtight container, cover fully with cling wrap to avoid ice crystals and keep it in the freezer for 8-10 hours or until set.
- Scoop out the butterscotch ice cream, garnish with caramel sauce and serve chill.
[sc name=”End Action”]