Soybean Kofta Curry- Soya kofta cooked in a tasty and rich style which is a complete delight for the mouth. This recipe will be really amazing! Soya Kofta curry is an Indian gravy dish, made creamier by adding milk and enhanced with mint leaves.
This is a Chatpata Spicy instant Sabzi recipe which you can make any time you crave to eat homemade spicy veggies. It is equally loved by kids and you can serve it with Roti, Chapati, Rice or Parathas.
If you love gravy sabzi recipes then you will surely love these recipes: Palak Paneer kofta, Kadhai paneer, methi matar malai, gatte ki sabzi or paneer makhni, Paneer capsicum dry, Palak paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, etc.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Soyabean Kofta Curry
To make kofta:
- 1 cup soya granules
- 2 potatoes medium sized boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 pieces green chilly chopped
- 1 tsp gram flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
To make nutrela kofta
- Pour a glass of hot water in a deep bowl. Now add soya granules and soak in hot water for 10 minutes so that it will become soft.
- After 10 minutes squeeze out the excess water from the soya granules by pressing it with your palms and transfer it to another bowl.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped ginger, green chilli, salt and gram flour for binding and mix all the ingredients until well combined and become s like dough. If the mixture is sticky then add more gram flour accordingly.
- Take small portion of the mixture roll it in your palms and make balls out of it. I have made medium sized balls; size of the balls can be bigger or smaller as per your liking.
- Prepare rest of the balls in the same way.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and once the oil becomes medium hot then place one by one nutrella balls into the hot oil. Make sure oil should not be very hot otherwise kofta will get brown from outside and remain uncooked from inside.
- Fry kofta by stirring ocassionally till it it becomes golden brown.
- Once fried, take out on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Nutrella kofta is ready.
To make kofta curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and make it hot.
- Add cumin seed and cook till it becomes light brown in colour.
- Add chopped onions and sauté on medium flame till it becomes soft and translucent
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, tomato puree, salt to taste and sauté obn medium flame till oil gets separated. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once cooked add ¼ cup water and ¼ cup milk and cook till the gravy starts boiling
- Add water as required to adjust the consistency of gravy.
- Lastly add fried kofta, garam masala, crushed mint leaves, ghee, mix it well and cover for 2 minutes.
- Uncovered the lid and transfer Nutrella kofta curry in a serving bowl.
- Serve Nutrella kofta curry with roti, naan, paratha or rice
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★