Coffee Chocolate Ice-Cream Recipe At Home step-by-step guide with pictures- Even though I knew my sister Prema was as crazy about a coffee-chocolate combo like me, I could never imagine her asking me to prepare a mammoth Coffee chocolate Ice-cream dessert for the guests who attended her wedding in Allahabad during the hottest month of June last year.
To begin with, I made sure that prior to preparing the dessert, the ice-cream freezer bowl in the middle of the machine was fully frozen for quite some time. In fact, I literally shook the bowl to find out whether there was any noise within it emulating the sound of fluid tossing about. However, when the milk in the thick bottomed pan started to boil, the heat was immediately reduced by me and the cornflour paste added to it. Needless to say, I continued stirring the mixture and saw to it that no lump could ever form, while the mixture remained smooth and fine.
You Can See Related Videos: Choco Lava Cake Recipe, Black Forest Cake In Pressure Cooker, Chocolate Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker, Vanilla Ice Cream At Home, Oreo Milkshake Recipe, Eggless Zebra Cake
However, when the mixture became sufficiently cold, I had to sieve the whole thing to make doubly sure that no lump remained in it. It was of course time to keep the mixture carefully covered to ensure that the top remained free of any obtrusive layer or film.
As for the Ice-cream part of it, I switched on my KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment and poured the mixture, making sure that the paddle was rotating in a regular rhythm. After a while, the paddle went slow all on its own, signifying that the Ice-cream was ready for use. After that, it was a breeze to assemble the stuff, sprinkle dark chocolate flakes on it and serves Coffee Chocolate Ice-cream to the wedding guests.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Coffee Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 200 ml full-fat milk
- 400 ml Amul fresh cream
- ½ cup choco chips
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp sugar powdered
- 2 tbsp Coffee powder
How to freeze the bowl:
- Before you start using the machine to make a dessert, the ice-cream freezer bowl in the center of the machine must be completely frozen for about 15-18 hours in a freezer.
- Shake the bowl to determine whether it is completely frozen. You should not hear any liquid sound within the bowl moving after the bowl has been frozen in the freezer.
- Heat the milk in a thick heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Now put cornflour in a separate bowl and pour 2-3 tsp of hot milk and mix the cornflour with milk, mix it evenly till no lumps.
- As soon as milk in the saucepan reaches boiling point, reduce the heat and add the paste of cornflour to the hot milk. Keep stirring the milk continuously so that entire mixture is finely blended.
- Now add the heavy cream to the mixture and keep stirring for a minute.
- Now add powdered sugar, coffee powder to the mixture and stir it slowly for few minutes or till its blended well with the mixture.
- Do not overcook the mixture.
- Keep the mixture cool down for some time.
- Once the mixture gets slightly cool down then filter the mixture into a bowl through the sieve to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Keep the mixture in an airtight container or simply cover the mixture directly by a thin plastic film so that it does not form any layer on the top. Cover it and keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until it becomes very chilled. To make the process fast you can keep it in the freezer also.
- To make ice-cream, switch on the Kitchenif ice-cream maker.
- Pour the chill mixture in the machine through the top hole when the machine is on and the paddle is rotating. In case you put the mixture beforehand in a bowl then you should churn immediately, else it will freeze and the paddle will not be able to churn the frozen mixture.
- Let the ice-cream machine run for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick (The machine paddle also might look like as if it is stopping due to stiffness, do not worry! It’s normal)
- Now switch off the ice-cream maker and scoop the ice-cream out into the serving bowl. You will get soft ice-cream but if you want stiff ones then keep the ice-cream in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving put it in refrigerator section for softening for 20 minutes because it will start melting very fast if you keep out.
- Coffee Chocolate Ice-cream is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]