Easy Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe with step-by-step guide and pictures- Whenever there is talk about chocolates, we relate it with either children or childish fancies, but chocolate does not only cater to that majority, does it? Swiss chocolate roll is a highly desired dessert that is loved by all and on all occasions. It is made by rolling a layer of chocolate sponge cake, with a filling inside, which is creamy and gooey in texture. You can also Check-out Choco Lava Cake Recipe, Black Forest Cake In Pressure Cooker, Chocolate Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker, Red Velvet Cup Cake Recipe, No Bake Chocolate Swiss Roll
This recipe is not only about the taste, but also about the texture and consistency. Hence, it takes some culinary skills, and the right blend of ingredients, as to create the most enjoyable, soft, creamy rolls. Its melt in the mouth concoction is a sensational feeling altogether. I will advise you to be very particular about the chocolate you choose. It will be best if you make it with organic cocoa powder, however, if that is unavailable to you, you can use chocolate syrup to make things easier, and the taste will be impeccable still.
It will be a heavenly treat for any child. This recipe was one of my favorite childhood treats for some obvious reason. Today, it’s one of my favorite recipes that I like to prepare, for another obvious reason. It’s a very simple thing, yet with such a deep feeling of joy and completeness.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Chocolate Swiss Roll
- 1/4 cup choco chips
- Whipped cream
- 2-3 Red gel color drops of
- In a mixing bowl put all purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, soda and mix all the dry ingredients very well.
- In another bowl put condense milk, water, vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Now put half of the dry mixture into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix it well for few seconds.
- Now add rest of the dry mixture and whisk it well until smooth.
- Now add melted butter, oil and mix it in cut and fold method to trap the air which makes the cake soft and spongy.
- Once oil gets absorbed add vinegar, mix it well to make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts so for that put half of the batter in another bowl and pour 1 tsp of cocoa powder, mix it well.
- This way vanilla batter and chocolate batter are ready. Pour both the batter in piping bags separately and keep aside.
- Now take a rectangular tin and grease it with oil all around, line up the parchment paper and grease it again from the top.
- To make pattern pour vanilla batter diagonally and then a line of chocolate batter.
- Repeat the process by making vanilla and chocolate strips and cover the tin, make sure spread the batter thinly, don’t spread thick batter.
- Tab the tin so that batter spread evenly and air bubbles get removed.
- Put the baking tray in a pre-heated oven on middle rack and bake the swiss roll at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes on lower rod.
- I have baked for 2 minutes more by switching on the upper rod and that’s the reason upper layer has become light brown in color but if you want can skip this step.
- Once done, unmould the cake on a kitchen towel or butter paper and take out the parchment paper.
- When the swiss roll is warm gently roll it with the roller like we roll chapatti which makes easy to get the sponge rolled without any cracks.
- After rolling, roll the sponge into a cylinder shape with the help of parchment paper or kitchen towel and keep aside to cool down so that it will get set and make the sponge easy to roll up later into a cylinder shape.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Take whipped cream, add few drops of red color, some choco chips and beat it well until well combined.
- Put the filling in a piping bag and keep aside.
To make swiss roll:
- Unroll the cake and spread a thin layer of cream all around, leaving the edge around 1 inch from all the sides
- Now carefully roll with the help of butter paper to form a cylinder.
- Keep these swiss rolls in the refrigerator for 2 hrs or overnight so that it will get set properly.
- After 2 hrs take out the swiss roll from the refrigerator and cut them into round shape.
- Chocolate swiss roll is ready. Serve chilled
[sc name=”End Action”]