Bengali Mishti Doi Recipe At Home with step-by-step guide and pictures- Mishti Doi Recipe is a traditional and classic Bengali Recipe that is synonymous with West Bengal itself. If you have visited Kolkata and not eaten this delicacy, then my dear friend you are definitely missing out on something big. This dessert is made with milk, yogurt, and sugar. Mishti Doi originated from Bangladesh and tastes best when it is served cold.
You can check out more sweets recipes: Homemade Kaju Katli Recipe, Bread Gulab Jamun, Aate Ka Halwa, Nariyal Ki Barfi, Meetha Daliya, Kalakand Recipe, etc.
Today I will share with you the method of making the authentic Bengali Mishti Doi Recipe at home from plain yogurt and it is very easy. The bonus part about this is that curd or dahi gives strength to the immune system, helps to add a glow to your skin and also reduces the risk of blood pressure.
For more recipes, you can see Instant Crispy Jalebi, Mango Cheese Roll Dessert Recipe, Parval Ki Mithai or Parval Pak, Chocolate barfi, Gulab Jamun, malai kulfi, bread rasmalai, Rabdi at Home, etc.
Bengali Mishti Doi Recipe
- In a deep heavy bottom, pan mix milk powder and ¼ cup sugar and bring it to boil.
- In another pan add ¼ cup of sugar and melt on medium high flame till sugar gets completely melt and turns nice in golden color or you can say, cook, until it’s caramelized. Keep on stirring continuously while cooking.
- It is easily get burnt so be careful when caramelized, quickly pour in the boiling milk mixture.
- Now cook milk on medium flame till it reduces to ½ of its original quantity by stirring occasionally.
- Check for the sweetness if requires add more as per your taste.
- Once done, take off from the heat and let it cool down for some time.
- Take 2 tbsp of yogurt and whisk it well.
- Now put yogurt into milk and whisk thoroughly until seeing the bubbles.
- Pour the mixture into a pot, cover it and keep in warm place for few hours or maybe overnight to set.
- Once set, refrigerate and serve the chilled Mishti Doi.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]
Thanks for sharing this recipe, it helped me alot ❤️
Thanks a lot