Eggless Suji Cake In Katori- This Semolina Cake is a really healthy cupcake and can be served as evening snacks during tea-time. I made this in a pan without any microwave oven or pressure cooker. You can prepare this with very few ingredients. It is topped and garnished with tutty fruity. So let’s check out this recipe now!
Eggless Suji Cake In Katori
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl add semolina and all-purpose flour and keep aside.
- In another bowl add oil and powdered sugar and whisk it well till smooth and creamy.
- Put oil mixture in the bowl of the dry mixture. Add curd, milk, and mix well. Let the batter keep aside for half an hour to get set.
- After half an hour you will see the batter has become very thick as suji absorbs water so add milk accordingly to make a medium thick batter.
- Lastly add baking powder, soda, tutty fruity, cardamom powder and mix it well. Suji batter is ready.
- Take kadhai or deep pan and spread salt inside the pan, place one stand, cover the lid and let the pan heated for 8-10 minutes.
- Take 3 medium sizes katori, grease the katori with oil, and dust with dry flour. Remove excess flour. There should be a thin layer of dry flour.
- Spread 2 tbsp of suji batter in all katoris. Do not fill batter too much as it will rise while baking so fill ¾ part of katori with batter. Sprinkle some tutty fruity on top.
- Once the pan gets heated, place all the katori in the heated pan onto the stand. Cover the lid and let the cake bake for 20-25 minutes or till it’s done.
- Once baked take out katori from the pan and let it cool down for some time.
- Once cool, scratch the sides and take out the cake from katori.
- Soft and spongy suji katori cake is ready to serve.