Gajar ka halwa or carrot halwa is a very easy and simple indian dessert made with fresh carrots. There are so many versions like by using milk, condensed milk and khoya or mawa you can make carrot halwa but this one is really very simple. Gajar ka halwa is a traditional Punjabi dish and especially in winters u will find it in most of the house.
How to make Gajar ka Halwa :
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Heat ghee in a deep heavy pan on medium heat.I have used (home made ghee) which is pure and gives nice flavour.
- Add the grated carrots and stir fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Carrots should be tender and slightly changed in color.
- Add the milk. Cook on a medium low flame for 1 hour or till all the milk has been absorbed.
- Stir often to ensure the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan.
- When all the milk is absorbed adds sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, almonds and serve hot or cold.
More Sweet recipe you may like:
- Gajar Halwa can be refrigerated for up to one week. When ready to serve just warm.
- You can add cardamom powder.