Simple Steps for making Butter at home:
We can make butter at home from the cream of cow milk, or the cream of the normal milk used in the house. The butter made from the cream of cow’s milk is less in quantity and yellowish, and the butter made from the cream of Heiss’s milk is high in quantity and white in colour.
If you take full cream milk, then collect its cream on regular basis to make butter. This is a very simple process.
After boiling the milk, keep it in the refrigerator once it gets cool down. A thick layer of milk cream is formed at the top of the milk after getting cold take out this cream in a separate pan, cover it and keep it inside the freezer.
1. To make butter at home you need cream. You can buy readymade full cream from the grocery store. Or else you can use cream from the milk that you use every day. Gather the cream daily in a bowl adds some curd to it and keep it refrigerated add cream daily into that. Once the bowl is full u can make the butter out of it. Just take out the bowl from the freezer 4-5 hours before the procedure.
2. Let the cream melt according to the room temperature and then put it into a jar or a food processor. Pour 1 1/2 cup of chilled water or ice cubes in summers, and lukewarm water in winters into 4 cup of cream.
3. Take a deep heavy pan and add cream into it. Now with the help of wooden hand blender whip the cream in clockwise and anticlock wise. This process should be done by food processor also.
4. In a mixer jar or in a food processor add the cream. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water. Turn on the mixer or food processor.
5. Initially, the cream will began to smoothen and you will get smooth whipped cream. Continue rolling the blender or mixer and within few minutes you will see buttermilk at the bottom and the thick butter getting separated at the top of the jar. You will see lumps of butter floating in the buttermilk or whey as I call it. If this doesn’t happen, then run the mixer or wooden blender for few more minutes and once the butter comes up, stop rolling the blender or turn off the mixer.
6. Your beautiful homemade white butter is ready. With a spoon or spatula collect the white butter in an air-tight container and store the butter in the refrigerator.
7. This white butter also called Makkhan in India can be used on Breads, Roti, Parathas,Reshmi paratha,moong dal paratha and Sandwiches etc.