Palak paneer is a very popular and healthy north Indian dish and a vegetarian Indian Recipe. The traditional green based dish is made up of spinach puree and paneer cubes. It goes well with rice or Nan.
It has a high nutrient value and its alto a very healthy recipe. Your children will love it.
Ingredients for palak paneer:
- ½ kg fresh Spinach (palak)
- 200 gm cottage cheese (paneer, cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp. Moong dal (optional) for color
- 2 tbsp. oil/ghee/butter
- 2 tsp. fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chily powder
- 7-8 Garlic flakes
- 1 medium size chopped tomato
- 2 pc of green chilly
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. garam masala
How to make palak paneer:
- Remove spinach leaves(Palak) from stem and rinse thoroughly in water.
- Take a deep pan and add washed spinach leaves, garlic flakes, green chily, soaked moong dal (for color) and chopped tomatoes.
- Add little water, cover the lid and cook for 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and make the spinach cool.
- Now blend the spinach mixture with a Blender and make a thick smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seed starts crackling add spinach paste and stir for a min.
- Add turmeric powder, hing , salt, water (if required) and mix well.
- Add pieces of cottage cheese, fresh cream, red chily powder, garam masala and mix it well.
- Cook till the gravy starts boiling.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with nan or jeera rice.
Vegetable recipes you may like:
You can add lightly fried paneer cubes into the spinach curry.