See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Kesaria Milk Powder Barfi- Kesaria milk barfi is a popular Indian Sweet and dessert recipe. I made this barfi recipe with Khoya and saffron. This recipe is made with few simple ingredients and you can also prepare this for any festive occasion at home.
Indian desserts you will like Bread Gulab Jamun, Aate Ka Halwa, Nariyal Ki Barfi, Meetha Daliya, etc.
You can prepare this recipe in 20 mins with ease at home and garnish it with some dry fruits like almonds, pistachios and few strands of saffron or kesar.
You can check out more sweets recipes: Homemade Kaju Katli Recipe, Bread Gulab Jamun, Aate Ka Halwa, Nariyal Ki Barfi, Meetha Daliya, Kalakand Recipe, etc.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Kesaria Milk Barfi Recipe
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 8-10 pieces Almonds cut into slivers
- Few Pistachios cut into slivers
- Pinch yellow food color
- Few strands of saffron/kesar
- Take a deep bowl and put milk powder, milk and mix it well till no lumps.
- Milk powder paste is ready. Keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of lukewarm milk and soak a few strands of saffron. This way you will get nice flavor and color. Keep aside.
- Put yellow color in a small bowl and mix it well by adding little water. You can also add color with saffron milk.
- Take a non-stick pan, put ghee and melt it on low flame.
- Once ghee melts add the paste of milk powder and stir it well. I have made the paste but you can also add milk and milk powder directly into the ghee.
- Mix the paste well with ghee on low flame. Stir continuously otherwise paste may get burned.
- Keep on stirring continuously on low flame till the mixture becomes thick.
- After 2-3 minutes you will see the paste has absorbed all the ghee and it looks just like khoya.
- After a few minutes add condensed milk, mix it well and cook on medium flame. You can also add sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Add soaked saffron milk and water of food color, mix it well.
- Add chopped almonds and pistachios, mix it well and cook till the mixture becomes semi thick.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, switch off the flame and check the right consistency of the mixture.
- To check the right consistency put a small portion of the mixture in a plate and roll it. If it becomes like a ball it means the mixture is ready.
- Take a plate or tray or any baking dish to set barfi.
- Grease the dish with little ghee to make it non-sticky.
- Transfer milk powder mixture in a greased baking tray, press it gently and spread uniformly with the help of a spatula.
- Garnish it with some chopped pistachios, almonds and saffron.
- Press it gently with a spatula so that nuts get to stick with the mixture.
- Leave it to cool down for some time.
- Grease the sharp knife with some ghee to make it non-sticky
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Milk powder barfi is ready.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]
See Recipe In हिन्दी (Hindi)
Which brand milk powder did you use?
You can use Amul