Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe- Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe is an Indian dish made with Paneer and served in spicy gravy. It is popularly served as a starter in many restraunts and parties. This Paneer Tikka Masala is made with paneer and some other vegetables that add to its delicious taste.
This Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy is a North Indian Cuisine and is popularly served in all parts of India and is very famous as a starter recipe. This is super delicious and mouthwatering.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe
- 400 grams Paneer
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1 red bell pepper medium sized
- 1 yellow bell pepper medium sized
- 1 green capsicum medium sized
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Preparation of paneer and veggies:
- Cut paneer into 1 inch squares, cubes or rectangles and into ½ inch thickness.
- Take onion, cut into halves and take out each layer one by one.
- Dice the bell pepper into square shape.
How to make hung curd:
- To make hung curd put the curd in a strainer and keep a bowl under the strainer to collect the liquid. Keep yogurt with strainer for an hour so that all liquid separates from the curd. After an hour you get a thick cheese like curd called hung curd.
How to make paneer tikka:
- First take thick yogurt/ hung curd in a bowl and add all the spices (Kashmiri red chilly powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, garam masala, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, kasuri methi, chaat masala) and whisk it well until smooth. Marinade is ready
- Add paneer slices all the diced vegetables (capsicum and onion) to the prepared marinade and mix it very gently with your hands or spoon so that paneer slices does not get break. Coat the paneer and veggies evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plate or plastic wrap, keep it in a fridge and let the paneer, chopped veggies marinade for 45 minutes to 2 hrs. If you have much time, then keep it in a refrigerator for overnite.
- Take a skewer or tooth pick and arrange alternately paneer cubes, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion and then green bell pepper. Arrange paneer and chopped veggies as per your choice on skewer or small wooden tooth pick.
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan, once the oil becomes medium hot, put skewered paneer and veggies and shallow fry it on medium flame.
- When one side gets light brown, gently turn the skewer or tooth pick and cook from other side too. This way cooks each side of paneer tikka by turning the skewers/tooth pick all around. It takes around 6-7 minutes
- Second method of making paneer tikka: You can also place the marinade veggies and paneer separately on greased non-stick pan and cook on medium flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides. Take them out on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Remove them to a plate and arrange the fried paneer and veggies onto a skewer/ tooth pick. You can aslo serve paneer tikka without skewering the veggies and paneer.
- Arrange them in a serving plate Sprinkle some chaat masala, lemon juice and serve the paneer tikka hot or warm with thinly sliced Onion lemon salad and mint yogurt chutney.
See Recipe Video
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★