Burger With Leftover Rice- Today I am making Burger from Leftover rice and that too without a bun with regular white bread. Pack these into your kid’s lunch box. You can make this tasty recipe for Breakfast with your previous day’s leftover rice. You can add mayonnaise and Tomato ketchup in it for a yummier taste.
It is very tasty and healthy way of utilizing the leftover rice as well as adding many veggies to make it healthy and eat. You can prepare it as evening snacks also and the kids will definitely love it.
[sc name=”rate us”]
Burger From Leftover Rice
To make Tikki:
- 6 pieces white bread
- 11/2 cup Leftover rice
- 2 potatoes medium-sized Boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup beaten rice Poha
- 1 onions medium sized finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 cup spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- Oil as required
- Place the beaten rice/poha in a sieve, pour water and wash it thoroughly. Keep aside and let the washed beaten rice soaked it for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl put leftover rice, boiled potatoes, coriander leaves, red capsicum, green capsicum, Spring onions, onion, red chilly powder, salt, grated ginger, chaat masala, soaked poha and mix it well till all the ingredients well combined. You can add veggies as per your liking.
- To make Tikki: Take a generous portion of the mixture and roll it into the shape of tikka.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining mixture. I prepared 6 big size tikkis/ patties, a number of tikkis depends upon the size of tikki you are going to make.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and make it hot, once the oil gets slightly hot put all the tikkis one by one into the pan and cook it on medium low flame till both the sides become golden brown.
- Once cooked from downwards flip it over and cook from another side too.
- Take put from the pan and keep aside.
- To make burgers I have taken white slices of bread as it is easily available in the market, sometimes we don’t get burger buns so it is the easiest method to make burgers
- For that cut all the breads into round shape with the help of sharp cutter or katori. Do not discard left over sides of bread, you can use that in making bread rolls.
- Toast all the bread in toaster till it becomes golden brown and crisp or you can toast it on tawa also.
- Now take 2 toasted bread roundels and apply butter on the base of one bread roundel
- Spread a teaspoon of tomato sauce on the base of another slice of bread. You can use green chutney or chilly sauce.
- Place one tikki and put it on the butter bread slice.
- Now spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise over leftover rice tikka.
- Now place onion, tomato roundels, sprinkle salt, black pepper.
- Lastly, place cheese slice and cover it with another toasted bread roundel.
- Burger with leftover rice is ready to serve.
See Recipe Video
[sc name=”End Action”]