Pindi Chole Masala- Presenting today, Chole Masala recipe made using Nilon’s Chole Masala. And other spices as required from Nilon’s as well. Nilon’s Spices to my surprise came out very well. This Pindi Chole Masala Recipe is very easy and super tasty for lunch and Dinner. It’s a popular Punjabi Cuisine.
You can have it with roti or chapatti, both. It is a complete meal, and highly nutritious. It is a very delicious mouthwatering dish and popular in Punjab.
Pindi Chole Masala
- 200 grams chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tea leaves
- 2 pcs onions medium sized chopped
- 2 pcs tomatoes medium sized chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp chole masala
- 1 piece chopped green chilly
- 15 grams cashew nuts’
- 10 grams sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 3 tsp oil
- butter as required
- 4 pieces cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
How to make Pindi Chole masala:
For cooking chole:
- Wash and soak chole in water for 8 to 9 hours or overnight.
- Now put tea leaves in the muslin cloth and tied it tightly.
- Put soaked chole in the pressure cooker along with water. Now add 1-11/2 tsp of salt and keep the tied muslin cloth inside the pressure cooker.
- Cover the lid and cook till chole becomes soft. It takes around 20 to 25 minutes to get fully cooked on medium flame.
- Once all the steam gets released, uncovered the lid of pressure cooker and keep aside, if the chole are uncooked then cover the lid again and cook it for some more time.
To make onion tomato paste:
- Put 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Now add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, sesame seeds, cashew nuts, chopped ginger and sauté it on medium flame till onions and tomatoes becomes little soft.
- Once gets soft keep it cool down for sometime before grinding.
- Not put the mixture into the jar and grind till it becomes smooth paste.
- Onion tomato paste is ready.
To make Pindi Chole masala:
- Melt butter in a pan, once it melts add whole spices (cloves, black cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick) and sauté it for few seconds.
- Now add garlic paste, brown sugar for nice colour (you can also use normal sugar) and sauté it for few seconds.
- Now add onion tomato paste and sauté it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, red chilly powder, green chilly (you can skip green chilly if you don’t want to eat spicy) and sauté it for few seconds.
- When all the spices gets cooked and oozes oil then add boiled chole along with water and mix it well.
- Do not add too much of water as consistency of the gravy is thick to make pindi chole masala.
- Now add cinnamon powder, garam masala, chole masala, black pepper powder, kasuri methi and mix it till all the spices gets blended well.
- Now add salt as per taste as I have added salt while boiling the chole. Mix it well.
- Pindi chole masala is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Naan, rice, or roti.