Paneer Kathi Roll Recipe- Today, presenting a healthy Paneer Kathi roll recipe or Paneer Frankie, which is very healthy and you can make this for your kids, who don’t want to eat roti. These paneer wraps can be served in Kid’s lunch box also. It’s a popular Indian street food recipe. Paneer wraps are veggies and panner wrapped inside roti or paratha.
I have more snacks recipe for you such as Roti or phulka, Suji Kachori, vegetable Poha Cutlet, Bread Uttapam, Bread Idli, Macaroni Cheese Balls, Bread Dhokla Sandwich, and Khandvi recipe, Veg Spring Rolls, Spring Roll Sheets
Paneer Kathi Roll Recipe | Evening Snacks
For paneer marination
- 200 grams paneer cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder optional
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper cut into square shape
- 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper cut into square shape
- 1/3 cup capscicum cut into a square shape
- 1/3 cup onion cut into a square shape
For salad toppings/dressing
- 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/3 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup carrot thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Coriander mint chutney
- Put hung curd/thick yogurt in a bowl and add all the spices ( garam masala, chaat masala, kasoori methi, grated ginger, coriander powder, salt, red chilly powder, lemon juice).
- Whisk it well till curd becomes smooth and creamy. Marinade is ready.
- Now add paneer and chopped vegetables (red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, capsicum, and Onion) to the prepared marinade and mix it gently so that paneer does not get a break and all the spices get evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and keep the paneer and veggies mixture in fridge for 45 minutes to 1 hour to get marinade so that all the flavour gets blended well and give nice taste. You can also keep this mixture overnight for marination. Meanwhile let’s prepare the dough.
To make the dough:
- In a mixing bowl put all purpose flour, wheat flour, salt and mix it well.
- Now gradually add milk and knead the dough. Do not add milk at once otherwise dough might become sticky. I have added milk to make the roti’s soft but you can add ½ of water and ½ of the milk or can add only water to make dough.
- Make soft and smooth dough. Lastly add little oil to make the dough smooth and knead for few seconds.
- Now cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Keep aside.
To make salad dressing:
- Put chopped cabbage, carrot, onions, chaat masala, and lemon juice in a bowl,mix it well.
- Salad dressing is ready.
To make paneer Tikka:
- After an hour take out the paneer marination from the refrigerator. Today I am going to bake paneer and veggies to make paneer tikka.
- For baking take a baking tray, lined the tray with foil paper and grease it with oil
- Arrange all the veggies and paneer onto the greased aluminium foil paper. You can also arrange paneer cubes and veggies in skewer or tooth pick.
- Brush little oil on top of the paneer and veggies and bake at 200 degree for 15 to 20 minutes in pre-heated oven. (Preheat oven at 200 degree for 10 minutes). (You can also make paneer tikka in pan for that you can watch my video of paneer tikka in which I have used pan to roast it.)
- Once baked, take out from the oven and make all the paneer tikka in the same way.
- To make roti uncovered the dough and divide it into 5 equal portions. Roll it in your palms and flatten it.
- Dust roll with dry wheat flour and roll it thinly by using rolling pin. Do not apply too much of dry flour while rolling otherwise roti will not become soft.
- Roll all the roti’s in the same way.
- Heat pan on medium flame, once the pan gets heated place one rolled chapatti and let it cook for a minute from downwards side. Keep the flame on medium high to make the chapatti soft.
- Once you see some bubbles on upper surface, flip and cook from downwards side.
- Apply oil all around on both the sides and cook till brown spots appear. Do not cook for longer time as chapatti will become hard.
- Once cooked, take out from the pan and cook rest of the chapati in the same way.
To make paneer kathi roll:
- Take one chapati and spread coriander mint chutney all around by leaving the edges.
- Arrange baked paneer and veggies in the center.
- Put salad dressings on top, sprinkle some more chaat masala on top as per your liking and fold the roti to make roll.
- Seal the edges with the help of tooth pick or you can wrap them in butter paper from the base so that stuffing does not fall down.
- Paneer kathi roll/ frankies are ready to serve and it’s perfect recipe for kids tiffin box. You can also cut kathi roll into half and serve.