Red Velvet Cake In Pressure Cooker- Presenting Valentine’s day Special Cake Recipe. Red Velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, or “mahogany” or “maroon” colored chocolate layer cake, layered with white cream cheese or ermine icing. This cake is commonly served on Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
This cake is very fluffy and just melts in the mouth, while the cool, rich texture makes it great for any special occasion, birthday or anniversary also of the loved ones. It will definitely make them very happy.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Red Velvet Cake In Pressure Cooker
- 115 gram flour all purpose
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 200 grams condense milk
- 50 grams butter melted
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup beetroot chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 drops of super red gel color/liquid color
- Put 11/2 cups of salt/sand in a pressure cooker and spread it evenly.
- Now place the stand inside the pressure cooker.
- Put the lid on top of the pressure cooker, do not close the lid and let the salt heat on medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
- (We are following the same principle as in the oven but here the salt is heated and the cake gets cooked in the heat produced by the salt.)
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare beetroot juice.
- Put chopped beetroot in a jar and grind it by adding little water.
- Now take out the pulp of beetroot and strain it to take out the juice.
- Beetroot juice is ready. Keep aside
To make the cake batter:
- Put all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, soda, cocoa powder) and mix it well.
- In another bowl put condense milk, beetroot juice (1/4 cup+2 tbsp), vanilla essence, few drops of red color and mix it well.
- Now put the mixture of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet mixture and mix it well by using wired whisk till it becomes smooth.
- Now add melted butter, oil and mix it well by using a spatula in cut and fold method.
- Once all the oil gets absorbed add lemon juice, lemon zest and mix it well.
- The batter is ready.
- Grease the cake pan with butter, lined up with parchment paper and grease it again.
- Now pour the batter and spread it evenly.
- Put the cake pan in pre-heated pressure cooker onto the stand, cover the lid and remove the whistle.
- Bake the cake on medium-low flame for 35-40 minutes or till the cake gets completely baked.
- Once baked, insert toothpick or knife to check the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean it means the cake gets fully baked.
- Take out the cake pan from the pressure cooker and keep aside to cool down for some time.
- Scratch the sides and take out the cake from the pan.
- Keep the cake cool down completely before frosting.
To make cream cheese frosting:
- Whip cream till soft peaks.
- Put cream cheese, vanilla essence, icing sugar in a bowl and whisk well till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Now add whip cream into the bowl of cream cheese mixture and beat till stiff peaks. Cream cheese frosting is ready.
- Cut the cake into two layers.
- To make cake crumbs take the top layer of the cake, cut the layer very thinly and break it by using your hands into crumbs. Keep aside.
- Place one of the cake layers onto the cake base.
- Soak the cake with sugar syrup.
- Now put cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake and spread it evenly by using a palette knife.
- Now take the second layer and place it on top of the cream cheese frosting by pressing it gently.
- Soak the cake with sugar syrup, spread cream cheese frosting over the cake and cover the entire cake.
- Now with help of scrapper make the cake smooth.
- Stick the cake crumbs on the sides of cakes and transfer the excess crumbs into the plate.
- Now make rosettes on top and decorate with cake crumbs.
- Keep the cake in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours to get set.
- Once set, take out from the fridge and cut into slices.
- Red velvet cake is ready to serve.
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★