Bread Rolls Stuffed | Evening Snacks Recipe- The bread roll is an Indian snack, which is as popular as ‘Kachori’ and ‘Samosa’. It is just another mouth-watering titbit, which has a crunchy coating with a soft mushy filling. I have used mashed potatoes as the stuffing here, to lend appropriate moisture to it.
You can also check out: Veg Frankie Recipe, Bread Rolls from Left-over Bread, Veg Suji Buns, Samosa, Spring Roll Sheets, Khasta Kachori Recipe etc
The key to the recipe is obviously the potato mixture and making it is so simple that any of you can try your hand at it. The stuffing is nothing but a blend of veggies and indispensable spices like garam masala and chili powder. I find this stuffing similar to that of Aloo Paratha, the only exception being carrots and peas in it.
As I mentioned earlier, it was one of my favorite snacks when I was a child and so is it for my kids. I usually serve this crispy snack to them when they return from school. If you too are a mother like me, you can easily make it as an evening snack for your children. When you take a generous bite of it, you will love the crusty coating followed by the spicy mushy potato filling on the inside. I am sure, there is no such recipe as easy yet appetizing as this one.
To know more evening snacks recipes, you can see: Bread Paneer Paratha, Wai Wai Noodles, Veg Potato Nuggets Recipe, Potato Vermicelli Cutlet, Cheese Exotica Fingers
Every recipe has its own tips and tricks, to which I would say, Bread Rolls to has its own secrets. My initial suggestion is to let the filling cool down before shaping it into rolls. Now when it comes to soaking the bread, you have to be extra careful and swift, otherwise, it might turn out too soggy. Finally, when you wrap the stuffing in bread, make sure that it is properly covered. A small piece of advice will be, try not to overlap them while frying it in the pan. You must be thinking then how to prepare it. I would suggest frying it in batches. However, in the process of perfecting the steps, do not forget to serve it with green chutney. You might also dole out tomato sauce or chili sauce with it. So it is time to put on your chef cap and invade the kitchen with your culinary ideas. All the best!
[sc name=”rate us”]
Bread Rolls Stuffed | Evening Snacks Recipe
- 8-10 bread slices/ brown bread/ multigrain bread
- 8-9 mashed potatoes medium-sized boiled
- ¼ cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- ¾ tsp mango powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 piece green chilly of finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp salt or as per your taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- 3 tsp Oil + oil to fry
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped as required
- Heat oil in a pan and when the oil becomes slightly hot add mustard seed and let it splutter.
- Add ginger, green chilly and sauté it for a few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté till it becomes soft and translucent.
- Now add frozen peas, carrot, mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Lastly add boiled, mashed potatoes and all the spices mango powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, cumin powder, salt, freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix it till all the spices get blended well.
- Potato mixture is ready, let it cool down for some time.
- Once the mixture cools down to take a generous amount of mixture, roll it in your palms and make it into an oval shape. Repeat the same process for the remaining potato mixture. Size of the potato rolls depend upon the size of bread.
- Trim the edges of bread slices.
- Take a bowl filled with water and dip one bread slice lightly in the water just for a second just to make it moist. Take out the bread slice and press it lightly between your palms to remove the excess water.
- Now place oval-shaped potato rolls in the center of the wet bread slice, bring the edges together and wrap the bread completely all around. Seal the edges tightly so that filling does not come out and roll filled bread into oval shape. You can also roll it into round shape.
- Repeat the same process to make rest of the bread rolls.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot enough, drop the bread rolls slowly into the hot oil, taking care not to overlap them. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry in batches.
- Fry bread rolls on medium flame till it turns golden brown and crisp by turning occasionally. This would take around 2-3 minutes.
- Take them out on the absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with any green chutney, tomato sauce or chilly sauce.
See Recipe Video
Prestige Pan, Prestige Induction
[sc name=”End Action”]
Leave a Reply