Veg Cheese Balls- Veg Cheese Balls recipe is prepared with the goodness of many vegetables which makes it healthy as well. It can be a real savior for you on the occasion of any party for your friends and family. These cheese balls are prepared using stuffing such as potatoes, cabbage, beans, carrot, and many other veggies. You may even add some more vegetables of your choice. You can easily serve this as snacks for your children and even at any party for starters.
Cheese Balls Recipe
- 4 Potatoes medium sized boiled and mashed
- 3-4 tbsp Cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup French Beans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Carrot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 3.4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- Chilli Flakes as required
- 1 slice bread for binding
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Cheddar cheese/ mozzarella cheese as required
- Oil to fry
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl add boiled mashed potatoes, cabbage, carrot, French beans, capsicum, onion, ginger, garlic, black pepper, Italian mixed herbs, salt, chilly flakes and, 1 bread slice ( break into small pieces). Mix till all the spices get well combined.
- Keep the mixture in a fridge for half an hour to make it firm.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare the flour paste/ slurry
- To make a slurry in a mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, cornflour, salt and, make a thin paste by adding water. Mix it well till no lumps form. Keep aside.
- Cut cheese into cubes. I have taken cheddar cheese but you can use mozzarella cheese as well. It’s as per your liking.
- After half an hour take out the mixture from the fridge.
- Grease your palms with oil to avoid stickiness, take a small portion of the mixture, roll it in your palms and, spread it.
- Place one cheese cube in the center and seal the edges tightly so that cheese does not come out while frying.
- Make all the veg cheese balls in the same way.
- Dip veg cheese balls in cornflour slurry and coat with bread crumbs all around.
- Dip and coat all the balls in the same way.
- You can keep the coated cheese balls in the fridge for half an hour so that it will get firm and become more crispy or if you don’t have time can fry instantly.
- Heat oil in a pan and make the oil medium hot. Make sure oil should not be very hot otherwise balls will remain uncooked from inside and will get brown from outside and if the oil is not hot then balls may get a break while frying.
- Once the oil is hot enough drops balls one by one and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Veg cheese balls are ready to serve.