In day to day life, food wastage is sometimes inevitable and unavoidable. But with clever and simple hacks like my Cheese Pav Bhaji Roti Sandwich recipe, you can refresh the whole idea of eating leftovers. This can be a healthier and economic option to experiment with new dishes too.
I have done plenty of experiments with leftover foods like my Burger with Leftover Rice or the Chutney Chapati which is another leftover roti recipe of mine.
I do not like eating too much leftover food and always hold quick leftover recipes at a high value because it gives me the scope to use up the food too soon before it gets noticeably stale. Though the Cheese Pav Bhaji Roti Sandwich Recipe by Mints Recipe has been quite popular among my viewers, this is not exclusively my recipe, it was also created by one of my favorite chefs, Tarla Dalal. Though I do have a personal touch to add to this recipe.
Cheese Pav Bhaji Roti Sandwich
- 4 pieces Left over Roti
- 2 pieces Cheese cubes
- 2 Tomato cut into roundels
- Oil/ Butter/ Ghee
To make Bhaji:
- 1 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger Grated
- 1/3 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 cup Tomato finely chopped
- ½ cup Potato boiled and mashed
- ¾ tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 ½ tbsp. Pav Bhaji masala
- 1 ½ tsp Red chilly powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Spring onions green chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp Oil
How To Make Cheese Pav Bhaji Roti Sandwich
- Heat the oil in a pan .
- Add onions and saute until soft and translucent.
- Now add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute. You may also use ginger-garlic paste.
- Now add the capsicum. Cook for a minute.
- Then add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Saute until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked properly, then add the spices - Pav Bhaji masala, red chilli powder, turmeric and saute.
- Finally, add the mashed potatoes and mix it well with everything else on the pan
- Now, use a potato masher or spatula to make a perfect bhaji.
- Lastly add coriander leaves, lemon juice and spring onions, mix well, then switch off the flame.
- Your Bhaji is ready.
To Make Roti Sandwich :
- Take one leftover roti. Spead a spoonful of bhaji over it.
- Grate a whole cheese cube on top of the bhaji and create an even layer. Then arrange the tomato roundels on top of the cheese.
- Now take another roti and put on top of the topped up roti to make a Roti Sandwich. Repeat the process with the other 2 Rotis.
- Now melt the butter in a pan (you may use ghee if you prefer) and place the Roti Sandwich on it, cover with a lid and let it cook for about 2minutes.
- After 2mins, uncover the lid and spread some more butter or ghee on top of the roti and flip it to cook the other side. Again, cover the lid for 2mins.
- Now take out the Roti Sandwich in a plate.
- Cut into 4 slices with the help of pizza cutter.
- Cheese Pav Bhaji Roti Sandwich is ready to serve.
Love you recipe’s
Thanks a lot