Healthy Vegetable Poha- Veg poha can be a very delicious and healthy breakfast recipe. This veg poha recipe is very easy to follow along. It can also be tried by beginners at cooking.
This poha recipe is made with flattened rice and is very easy to cook for Breakfast or Brunch. It is also really healthy to eat and full of nutrition.
★ Please give it a star rating below ★
Healthy Poha Breakfast Recipe
- 200 grams beaten rice
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup potato Chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1/4 cup french beans finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seed
- 1 piece green chilly Chopped
- curry leaves Few sprig
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- coriander leaves Freshly chopped
- Sev for garnishing
- Put poha/ beaten rice in a strainer and wash it thoroughly under the running water by gently moving with your fingers.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes to drain away the excess water through strainer. Poha just need to be moist but not wet.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it becomes little hot add peanuts and roast it on medium flame till it becomes
- Now take out the roasted peanuts from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, put some oil and when it becomes hot add mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Now add curry leaves, green chilly and sauté it for few minutes till onion becomes translucent.
- Now add chopped onions, carrot, French beans, cauliflower, green peas, and chopped potato. Add salt so that potatoes will become soft in very less time, mix it well and cook covered till potatoes become soft. It takes around 3-4 minutes so stirs occasionally to avoid sticking.
- After few minutes, uncovered the lid and put chopped red bell pepper, capsicum, turmeric powder and sauté it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Now add soaked poha, and mix it gently for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add lemon juice, black pepper powder, freshly chopped coriander leaves, roasted peanuts and mix it well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Veg Poha is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with sev and serve hot.
★ If you like the recipe, then please give it a rating and Comment ★